Someone's Someone - Chapter Twenty Nine

Henna...

I'm a teensy weensy little bit drunk, but not enough to be a dribbling mess or anything. After a very successful dinner and getting to know the very fabulous Rita, myself and Danny are now up in his room, about to watch The Conjuring 2. I want to be with him. I like spending time with him. It doesn't matter how we spend that time; only that we are.

"I'm sorry, I'm going to have to take these off." I slip off my high heels, sighing at the joyous feeling of my feet finally being free of them.

"That bad, huh?" Danny asks with a smirk.

"Yup!" I groan, rubbing the aching balls and heels of my feet.

Looking at my feet as he sits on the bed, he's making himself comfy before the film starts. "If your feet don't pong, I'll give them a little massage?"

Eagerly grabbing a couple of his pillows and lying myself the other end of his bed, I playfully present to him my feet. "First you cook an amazing meal, then make an even more amazing chocolate mousse, now, you're massaging my feet...are there no end to your talents Mr Oneal?"

Danny just nonchalantly smirks. "Like I said, I only massage unpongy feet."

Giggling, I joke. "My feet most certainly do not pong! In fact, I happen to like my feet...they're cute."

Inspecting them up close, he then looks at me over the top of my toes. "Mmm, as feet go, they're pretty cute, I guess." His eyes narrow, humour dancing within them. "And they don't reek, so they're fit to be massaged."

Grabbing the remote control, I grin. "I'll put on the film, you massage!" Then in a girlish manoeuvre, I'm soon lying on my belly, with my smile getting wider by the second. When I'm with Danny, I just feel like I can be myself. I feel like I don't have to pretend. Every smile, every conversation, just comes so naturally between us. There's no having to try hard with one another. Which is why I love being around him. We are two human puzzle pieces, who just seem to happily fit together.

Whilst pressing the pads of his wonderful fingers into my very grateful feet, Danny starts chatting. "Rita was nice, wasn't she?"

Looking over my shoulder, I nod hard. "She is, I like her."

Danny agrees with a small smile. "Me too. I think she'll keep your dad on his toes."

Laughing lightly, I nod just the once. "Oh yes! That is what I really like about her."

"Your dad looked quite taken with her?"

With the film literally about to start, I pause it, because I'm enjoying talking with Danny for now. "He did, didn't he?" I say, turning from off my belly and onto my back, so it's easier to look at him.

"Has your dad been on his own for a long time?" Danny asks me, with his fingers now softly stroking the top of my feet.

Oh my goodness, it feels soooooo good, I almost find it hard to reply on account of just how good it does feel. I adore being stroked. It doesn't matter where, I just adore it. I swear I should have been a cat, because when I'm stroked, I look like I am drugged up and about to start purring. "He's...um...he's dated a few times in the past, but nothing serious." Resting the side of my head on my right shoulder, I momentarily close my eyes to savour my little foot massage.

"Is that feeling better?" Danny asks, running his fingers along the top of both my feet in the most nicest of ways.

Opening my heavy eyes, I look at him with total bliss glazing them. "More than you'll ever know." I ecstatically mumble.