Someone's Someone - Chapter Thirty Six

Danny....

I must admit, I was quite relieved when Martin had already left for work by the time me and Henna did get up. Doing naughty things with his daughter, in his house, kind of feels disrespectful to him.

Although, it was Martin himself who did tell me to go up with Henna when she had her bath last night. And I don't believe that he's really that naïve to think that I only accompanied her just in case the soap really did need finding. I think Martin Nolan now knows, just how much Henna means to me. I think he also now knows, just how much I mean to her. I saw it in his protective eyes last night. When Henna hurried in from work and just hugged me before needing to hug him, he knew. He knew that what me and his daughter now have, is real. It's real and it is strong.

"Eggs, bacon and mushrooms?" Henna grins in my direction as she stands with the fridge door open.

With casual ease, I happily nod. "Perfect." I say, filling up the kettle with fresh cold water to make our teas. I like this. I like the normality and the newness of being us. It's the beginning of something that I never want to end.

"I thought we could go and do a little Christmas mooching about? See the Christmas lights and the shop window displays?" Henna's hazel eyes are lit up with excitement as they stare back at me.

More than happy to spend some time with her, I smile my yes to Henna. "Sounds good to me."

"I think I'll put up some decorations as well, I know you can't reach up or anything...but you can hand me the baubles and the tinsel, can't you?" She's excitedly rambling as she starts cooking our breakfast, and her excited rambling only makes me love her even more.

Wanting to hold her in my grateful arms, I slide up behind her and settle a loving kiss upon Henna's neck. "I'll happily hand you baubles and tinsel." I endearingly confess.

Giggling as she tilts her head to be lovingly closer to mine, Henna continues to shallow fry the bacon. "How gentlemanly of you, Mr Oneal?" Is her slightly flirtatious response.

Kissing more of her neck, I mumble with my lips teasingly against it. "How indeed." Then my hands pull her back closer against my chest. Even when she is cooking, I need more and more of Henna.

Laughing, Henna is finding it harder and harder to resist me. "This bacon is going to be more than crispy in a minute." She playfully scolds.

"I don't mind crispy." Is my confident reply, now biting just the tip of her ear lobe.

Henna suddenly turns, smirking. "If you keep on doing that, I'll cause a fire."

Leaning to the side, I look at the frying pan with sizzling bacon in it. "I used to have to do a lot of risk assessments at work, and this is definitely a risk." Removing the pan from the gas ring it is on, I then switch off the gas. "Ear lobe first, bacon second." My hands reach for Henna's beautiful face, wanting it so badly to be held by them both.

Henna laughs again. "I thought you were hungry?"

Rubbing our lips against each other's, I chuck her one of my mischievous smirks. "I am hungry, just no longer for bacon and eggs."

Pushing herself up against me, Henna is now playing along. "Okay. Well, I'm all about good service. What do you fancy now?" She boldly asks, gorgeously blinking back at me.

Laughing, my body is unable to be any closer to hers than it already is. "How about a little lip service?" I ask in a hushed and suggestively low voice. I just love how we are loudly being playful, quietly being flirtatious.

Henna's eyes fix on me, the smile slipping from her desirously parted mouth. Just as her eyelids close, just as her mouth is about to deliver that sumptuous lip service, the doorbell to the front door is intent on intruding on that lip service. With a wicked hazelness in her eyes, Henna slides herself free from between my body and the cooker. "You and your mouth, just stay here." She quietly commands with a small parting smile.

I listen to her answering the door, I hear a distant conversation from where I impatiently wait for Henna's return. It's only when the male voice starts talking at length, that my hearing strains to hear more.

I know that voice.

I know it well.

With barefooted feet, I hurry out of the kitchen to take myself closer to the voice that is so familiar to me. Standing myself right behind Henna at the front door, I soon have my brother staring back at me.

"Danny?" He blurts out, looking half stunned and half relieved.

I too, am stunned and relieved to see him, but all of those emotions are quickly being drowned and silenced by something that's literally flooding my tense veins right now—disappointment. "What have you done, Henna?"