Kabanata 4 - Lipstick of hell, Forced dancing, and Foot massages

Kabanata 4

Lipstick of hell, Forced dancing, and Foot massages

"Gaby, hold still will you." My mom growled in desperation as she tried to apply some colorings on my lips. She's been going at it for the past thirty minutes and so far, she successfully applied foundation and blush on my face.

"Why do you have to make me wear these things, mom?" I groaned as I tried to swat away the lipstick of hell from her hand.

"Gaby, I know I told you you're beautiful just the way you are but there's nothing wrong enhancing those God-given gifts, honey. Now stay still." She tried to wipe away the lipstick smudge on my chin that I have made due to my rebellion against this makeover.

"I don't see the point of doing this! It's only dad's business party, they do it every year." I said as I glared at the dreaded dress hanging languidly from the back of the door, staring at me with an evil grin. Or so I would like to think.

"Of course, dalaga ka na anak and younglings like you need to get out there and socialize. Especially most of your dad's client companies' children would be there. I wouldn't wanna let you miss out all the fun!" She said as she dramatically gestures her hands like the Italians to make a fair point. I knew this was it's all about, she's always trying to match me with those spoiled rich brats who will become the heir to some big companies since I was little at lalong lumalala ito ngayong tumatanda na ako. It's like she's trying to sell me away.

"Believe me, mother, I wouldn't mind missing out all 'the fun'." I replied as sarcastically as I can with this flirtatious coloring on my face. If somebody would call me a whore tonight, I would have to agree with them. Pasimple akong kumuha ng facial tissue at dahan-dahang binubura ang putok na blush on sa aking pisngi, pati na rin ang labi kong sing-pula ng dugo. "Jeez, mom, don't you believe in 'the simplicity is beauty ' kinda thing?"

"That was what I was going for before you started throwing tantrums at me. That's the best I can do to a moving object." Patawa niyang sambit habang nag lalagay din ng kolorete sa kanyang mukha. "Now wear that dress and stop acting miserable."

"But I am miserable. Every second that you made me do this." I mumbled while walking towards the dress with disgust written all over my face. Is it possible to fast forward time till tomorrow?

Our driver dropped us off in front of the famous hotel. I feel nauseous as soon as my stiletto touched the carpeted floor. I was never a fan of social gatherings, let alone as grandiose as this one. Napakaraming mamahaling sasakyan ang nakapila para iluwa ang isa sa mga malalaking pangalan ng business industry. Simula bata pa lang ako ay isinasama na ako ng aking mga magulang sa ganito mga pagtitipon para maki-halubilo sa mga business tycoons at mga anak nila. Karamihan dito ay kliyente ng aking ama, and daddy is a very important corporate lawyer serving as the managing partner for Aureus&Co. law firm. Daddy told me I get to be like him when I grow up and I can't wait for that to happen.

I let my eyes wonder around those shining gowns, blank perfect faces walking towards the grand hall and sharing fake laughter. God! This place is awful.

"Come now, darling. Smile." Babala ng aking ina habang sinusubukan batakin ang aking mukha para ngumiti. She laughed at what she did and held tightly unto dad's arms. They walked along the sea full of reporters and paparazzi taking pictures of them.

Nag lakad ako mag-isa para sundan ang aking mga magulang ng may humawak sa aking kamay. His hand were warm against my cold skin. Dahan-dahan niyang hinila iyon nang walang pag aalinlangan habang pinagsalop ang aming mga braso. Acting like he was born for the spotlight. His calm demeanor gave nothing away of what he was thinking. Wala man lang kakaba-kaba sa kanyang pigura habang inaalalayan akong maglakad sa gitna ng mga dumadagundong na press. I'm not even going to look at him. No way.