Kabanata 5 - Cinderella, Captain Jack, and Alice in Wonderland

Kabanata 5

Cinderella, Captain Jack, and Alice in Wonderland

A/N: This chapter contains scenes which are not suitable and not recommended for very young readers. Reader discretion is advised. Furthermore, the author does not encourage the readers to emulate the characters' actions. Please understand that this is purely a work of fiction.

"No. No way. There's no way in hell that I'd be doing this thing again."

Waves of laughter echoed the exit as we all climbed down the staircase. Sabrina Reese was pulling Keith down while Theo stayed on my behind, trying to push me forward to make me run faster.

"Hurry, hurry!" He chanted while paying no regards to my aching feet. I never gave my consent for any of this, they just grabbed me by the shoulders and forced me down the stairs like a hostage.

"My feet are killing me, Theo! Stop!" Dumagundong ang aking boses sa loob. Hindi na ako magtataka kung may iba pang nakarinig sa aking sa labas dahil sa lakas ng boses ko.

"Just leave your slippers, Cinderella." Asar pa niya lalo sa akin. Napahinto kami saglit dahilan ng pag hinto rin nila Keith sa likod. Dagliang hinablot ni Theo ang aking sapatos at siya ang nag dala nito habang nagpatuloy kami sa pag-akyat.

"We're almost there." Sabrina Reese assured us like she was also a part of this rendezvous.

The cool December wind welcomed the four of us as soon as the exit door opened, spitting us at the very back of the establishment away from the commotion at the grand entrance. Without my shoes, the ground was cold and rough against my sole but I prefer it better than my dreaded shoes. The cold breeze lingers against my skin and making my emerald chiffon gown dance languidly along with my soft curls. The absence of warmth sent warning signals into my system. This is wrong. Sneaking out from your parents' party is wrong. We could get in trouble or worse...

"Wait, wait...this is not right...bumalik na tayo sa loob." I proposed to the group which earned me a disapproving look from Sabrina Reese and a scoff from Theo. They obviously do not like my idea, so I turned to Keith for approval. Mukha namang hindi siya interesado sa plano ni Theo kaya baka sakaling kumampi siya sa akin. Ngunit, bago ko pa makumbinsi si Keith ay inakbayan siya ni Theo para hilain palayo sa akin.

"Boooo! Miss prim-and-proper's here to ruin the fun. What's the matter, Gaby? Afraid to disappoint scary daddy?" He challenged with that smug smile on his face that makes me want to punch him in the nose. His probably a bit intoxicated for even talking to me in that tone.

"If you want to keep your pretty nose, I suggest you better stop talking." I managed to warn him in a hushed voice to keep it from faltering. I can feel my blood running up to my face, sending waves of heat against my cheeks despite the cold breeze. My fingers twitched and ached to hit something.

"Can't you live a little? Can't we have a night without your pesky rules and have an actual fun for once? Just this night. No inhibitions." He replied. His voice was serious this time like he was actually begging for my cooperation. Desperation was written all over his face and it somehow made me think that maybe this isn't just about wanting to go out. Maybe he meant to teach me something. Either way, he's still making a huge mistake.

"That is just a recipe for trouble, Theodore Ortega, and you know I can't let that happen"

"You're too obsessed in controlling everything that you've forgotten to enjoy the little things in life. Come on, if you didn't have just an ounce of fun tonight, as a gentleman's honor, I swear to leave you out of all my misconducts. Forever...Cross my heart." He made a stupid effort of drawing a cross to his chest. There! That confirms everything. Akala niya may mali sa akin. Ano naman ngayon kung gusto kong nakaplano ang lahat ng bagay? Na kalkulado ang bawat galaw ko? Na ayaw kong magkamali? Wala akong nakikitang masama roon.