II

Percy

I must admit, it was aggravating to have everybody tagging along (uncalled for) to high school with me. I had wanted it to myself, admittedly, but now I guess I opened to the idea. Annabeth and I could be together. Together. Like a normal, average high school couple. Together.

However... Clarisse... well... couldn't I just have, uh, Hades himself.

But seriously, Nico or Thalia could be going over her, right?

I trudged back to the Poseidon cabin, and decided I needed to start packing. All I had was a bunch of jeans and Camp Half-Blood shirts. I had a few normal shirts and outfits, but very few. I had all my armor and a shield, and the Minotaur horn. When I opened the drawer to my nightstand, I found my old Greek books Annabeth had given me from when I first came to camp, a few golden drachmas, some mortal money, a golden band with sea stone in it, from my father, and the necklace I had planned to give Annabeth.

"Hey seaweed brain," I heard her voice from behind me, jumped, and slammed my drawer. I hadn't realized how quiet my cabin was. Aside from the calm trickle of seawater from the saltwater fountain, it was silent.

"Hey," I said quickly. Annabeth never knocked anymore, so I should've expected her to just walk in.

"You okay?" She asked as she walked up to me. "You look like you just saw a ghost."

Well... I have before, but that's aside from the point. "Yeah, fine," I said quickly. "Wanna head to the arena, last minute duel?"

Annabeth looked at me quizzically. "What are you up to, Jackson..." she smirked.

"Nothing," I tried to say innocently, but obviously hadn't recovered.

"Mhm," Annabeth smirked. "Alright seaweed brain, lets go."

Annabeth and I walked out. Dam, that was a close one... I cursed. My hand found hers and we walked and laughed and talked all the way to the arena.

When we got inside, I saw a new camper struggling to hold his own against a gruff Ares warrior. I approached them. It was heated and aggressive, and the new kid was losing ground. I assumed the duel had been going on for about 15 minutes. I then casually stepped in and removed the Ares fighter's sword in one maneuver, without breaking a sweat. The new camper swung at me, and I side stepped, got inside, grabbed his arm, twisted it, and his sword clattered to the ground. I then put my sword to his neck. "You both lose."

"Woahhh," the new camper said. "How'd you do that?"

"That," the Ares camper grunted. "Is Percy Jackson. Son of Poseidon."

The new campers eyes widened. "I've heard so much about you!"

I shrugged, and picked up his sword and handed it to him. "It's a simple maneuver," I said. I taught them both the maneuver Luke had once taught me and Annabeth taught the new camper some jiu jitsu moves for removing weapons. I wanted to laugh at how bold she was.

"Percy, Annabeth!" Jason yelled urgently from the entrance to the arena. "I need your help."

I sprinted over to him. "What is it?"

"It's Piper."