IV- The House

Annabeth

I must admit, High School sounds scary. I'd hardly even ever been to middle school, much less junior year. I imagined all the stereotypes and tried to make my best calculations. Figuratively, Goode High ratings were fairly solid, no drugs, no reports of a lot of violence- I realized now I was dealing with real life mortal problems, but I wasn't sure if I was thrilled or if I felt stupid. Mortals were so small minded.

Finally, after a crazy drive where Percy and Jason had began arguing who was going to be suspended first out of sheer bad luck, and had exchanged 'my teachers were ______(fill in blank with scary monster)!' stories, we stopped in front of a giant, shimmering house. The gates suddenly opened up, and revealed a huge driveway. There were giant gardens, full of beautiful plants, patios, pathways, and fountains.

"What the heck?" Jason voiced what we were all thinking. The house was absolutely huge- probably 4 stories, with a guest house.

"Oh this is going to be the best party throwing house in the history of ever." Percy said.

"Um, no." I quickly said.

"But Annabeth," whined Percy and Leo simultaneously, dragging out the syllables of my name.

"No." I said flatly, and observed the architecture as it passed by.

Finally, we pulled into the huge driveway.

"Palm trees in New York?" Jason asked. I stifled a laugh.

"This is like a Malibu vacation home..." Percy muttered. "Are there any fish ponds here?"

"This place is enchanted." Argus said. All of us looked over, startled he'd said anything. He never talked.

A screen popped out of the ceiling of the van. Chiron was on it.

"If you're watching this, you've safely reached your residence for the upcoming school year. Each person has their own personalized room. There will also be other rooms to satisfy your educational needs- a library," I perked up at that, "several offices, and a study hall. This property is enchanted. There is a barrier keeping out monsters, but with a little bit of tinkering, mortals are permitted, however, not recommended. We also captured the modern feel as best we could to suit your interests. The following, are included: a minibar, screening room, virtual room, and other 'cool' additions. I hope you enjoy your time here. Now, without further ado, have a great school year."

Everybody glanced back and forth in silence- until Percy yelled, "HELL YEAHH!" And ran out of the car toting his suitcase and running up to the front door. Argus rolled his many eyes, and handed us each a keycard.

"This doubles as a house key and debit card," I said.

"Well," smirked Leo, "as Percy said... HELL YEAH." He then jumped out. I grabbed an extra card for Percy, who was standing at the door waiting for us. Everybody followed Leo and Percy and grabbed their things and walked to the door.

Argus made sure we got in, and then drove off. I stepped into the entry hall- and found the biggest house I'd ever seen. Stairs were to the right, and the entry hall entered into a living area.

It was an open room, with floor to ceiling windows, and a sliding glass door on the wall leading to a huge deck decorated with strings of lights and a huge TV and glass tables. Past the deck was a gigantic luxurious pool. I turned to see Percy gaping as the pool.

Inside the living room, there was a huge flat screen TV, and a brand new black leather couch that could recline and had coolers and cup holders. There were perfectly placed tropical plants, a sleek flat black fireplace in the middle that doubles as a coffee table, and a black fountain in the back corner.

It led into a kitchen with sleek black countertops, and the biggest fridge I've ever seen.

On the sides of the entry hall were doors. I opened one. "Guest bedroom?" I asked. It had a huge red bed, closet, bathroom, flat screen TV, desk, and nightstand, all the newest styles.

I opened the rest of the doors to find all sorts of amazing rooms. One was a floor to ceiling library with hologram machines, and touch tables with a huge database of information.

Another was a computer lab, with 10 computers, each being about 20 years ahead of their time, with all kinds of technology accompanying them, and a huge black and white smart board no thicker than a penny on the wall. That was definitely ahead of its time.

Another room included the screening room, which included a minibar and popcorn machine.

The last room was storage, a walk in closet, with retractable shelves.

I walked up stairs with Percy, the others walking to the guest house to check it out. We walked up, and saw a wide sleek black hallway with silver trimming, decorated with pictures and plants. Each room had a banner beside it with a symbol, and a copper nameplate over the doorway. It was done in alphabetical order, girls on the right, boys on the left. I had the first room on the right, and then Clarisse, Hazel, and Piper. For the boys, Jason, Percy, Leo, and Frank.

My banner was grey with an owl on it. I went to open the door but a buzzer went off. A screen on the doorway popped up, with a picture of me and information displayed.

Annabeth Chase
Daughter of Athena
Birth 6/12/93
Enter passcode or Touch ID
Or insert key card below

A shiny thin slot opened for me to insert my card into. I inserted my card.

"Do we really need all this?" I asked, looking over at Percy who jumped back into the wall when his buzzer went off.

Percy shrugged, and inserted his card. He walked into his room. I went into mine, and was staring into a huge open room, with floor to ceiling book shelves on the sides of the walls, and a huge skylight. The wall opposite of the door had a huge window overlooking the New York surf. Percy would be jealous. My bed was in the wall surrounded by shelves, sort of like home in the Athena cabin. "Welcome, Annabeth Chase." Said a voice.

"Thank you?" I said back.

"Woah!" I heard Percy yell from his room. "This thing does voice command! Give me waffles!"

I stifled a laugh, and walked into my room. It was all grey. In the middle was a desk and a huge work area, with a computer beside it and a tablet. A stand of armor was in the corner, along with an empty shelf beside it. There was a couch beside the door, and a coffee table. A flat screen TV was on the wall opposite my bed. I took in the sight, before walking in and sitting my things down.