XIV-Second Day

Percy

I woke up to that blasted alarm clock screaming it's head off again.

I groaned and covered up my head, while Annabeth scrambled up beside me. She then dragged me out of the bed to get it to stop, and I laid on the floor. Dazed, I looked up at her. "Was that really necessary?"

"Get up, seaweed brain," She said, pulling me up. "Go get ready for school."

I walked out of Annabeth's door, and Jason, who was for some reason in the hallway, raised his eyebrows and looked at my skeptically. "Uh, no. No. She had nightmares, so I stayed with her. We didn't-"

"Ooooooh, Percy my man!" Jason yelled.

"No!" I yelled.

"Percy Juniors!" Yelled Jason.

"No!" I objected. "Shut up."

"Aight aight," Jason laughed. "But on a serious note-"

"No." I said. "Completely honest. Swear on the Styx. We didn't do anything."

Jason nodded, and then went back to his room. I went back into mine and got dressed in a dark green jacket, a grey shirt underneath it, and jeans.

I finished, grabbed a pop tart, and waited for the others.

Finally, we got to school.

And Veronica was in my first class. My first class was math.

I sat down with Jason and Leo and we started talking. Shortly after, in walked Veronica, flanked by 2 other girls and 3 guys, all looking like they got back from a photo shoot.

"Uh," coughed Leo. "This ain't the Jersey Shore."

Jason uneasily looked at them as they sauntered in. Veronica's eyes found me quickly and she gave me a princess wave and blew a kiss.

Leo jumped, and started waving his hands, which startled me. Jason started laughing. Then, I figured out that he was shooing the kiss away and I died laughing.

Veronica gave him the bitch glare, and sat down with one of the girls a few rows ahead of us. Everybody else found their seats and the bell rang.

If I'm being honest, math wasn't too bad. But English? That was torture.

Jason, Clarisse and I had English together 2nd.

The words floated off the board and got mixed up. When the teacher gave us a writing assessment, halfway through it I realized I was writing in Greek. I had to translate it and then turn it in. The teacher was nice about it, and gave me an extra few minutes. Then, she started teaching a grammar lesson. She called on Jason, who was about as clueless as I was, and then Clarisse, who was also as clueless as I was. Then, she called on me.

 Then, she called on me

I stared at the board. "I'm sorry, I don't know."

"That's okay," Mrs. Johnson said giving me a smile. On the way out, she stopped the three of us.

"Are you guys foreign exchanged students?" She asked. "You all wrote in Greek and Latin."

"Oh..." Jason said. "We have Dyslexia... and uh... we're better with Latin and Greek."

The woman's eyes widened. "Come in here." She shut the door, checking for nobody else in the hallway and room. "Hurry!"

She pulled us in the room. "My son, he goes here. There are some things I haven't told him about his father."

All of us made eye contact. Mrs. Johnson stared bullets at all of us. "I knew it was weird that 7 of you were transferring all at once, that all of you have Dyslexia and ADHD. I have a free period. I'll write you a note. I need you to do me a favor."

"Wait... you're sons a..." Jason said.

"Half-Blood, yes," said the woman.

"Shhh!" I said looking around. "Just announce it to the world!"

"I'm sorry," the woman winced. "There's a... uh... protector here, and he's, well, protecting him."

"You can see through the mist?" I asked.

She nodded.

Jason and I exchanged glances. "Wait, you can tell this isn't a sword?" I uncapped Riptide, and she jumped back, and then nodded. "So... why didn't you say something yesterday?"

"I know about weapons and celestial bronze and the mist," Mrs. Johnson said. "My son doesn't know anything. I know because he told me."

"Who told you?" Asked Jason.

"Joes father... he always called himself Jaxon. We dated for a long time. Then, when he found out I was pregnant, he stayed a few weeks, and then told me he was endangering my son and I. He told me everything, Camp Half-Blood, the mist, and how he was some big Olympian, but he never told me which one he was... said it was for Joe's good." Mrs. Johnson said.

"Uh..." Leo interrupted. "Hate to be rude lady, but how old is your kid?"

"He's a junior like you," she said. "His name is Joe Johnson."