VII- Girls

Percy

Leo and I had English together, and math too. My schedule actually sucked though.

Math
English
Latin
Lunch
Outdoor skills

I figured the only useful class was outdoor skills, but Latin would come easy- and I had Annabeth in Latin, which made my day a lot better. Leo and I arrived to class first, and sat down in the back together.

"Oh, sorry boys," said the teacher, a middle aged woman. "There's a seating chart. You must be new."

Damit, I thought, but got up cooperatively. She directed Leo and I to a different seat, but not too far away from each other. He was one over from me. The bell rang and everybody else poured in. I got my things out. A group of girls walked in. There were 2 of them. They each had blonde hair and blue eyes, and were dressed in skimpy trendy clothes- and it was obvious to meet, they were those girls. They practically radiated snobbiness.

They each strutted down the aisle, and one stopped beside me. I looked up at her, to see her studying me intently. She then smiled, and slid into the seat beside me.

"Veronica Cristine Rose-Mary Hughes," She said briskly, and stuck out her hand as if she was some princess, and I should flip out about touching her. "Rose-Mary is hyphened, by the way. My dad owns half the city. Ray Charles Hughes? Have you heard of him? Whatever. Nice to meet you. Your name is?"

I stared at her confused. "Uh... Percy."

The teacher started teaching, but I noticed Veronica intently staring at me. I looked over at Leo for help, to find him disassembling and reassembling his mechanical pencil. Of course.

All out of options, I turned to her. "Is there like, something on my face?"

"Oh," she giggled. "No, I was just looking at your eyes. They're so pretty."

Gees, this chick was worse than a nymph.

"Oh. Thanks." I said. I turned my attention back to the board, but all of it looked like gibberish. Veronica continued staring. "Do you normally stare at peoples eyes, or..." I almost laugh when I thought about Medusa.

"Oh, no. Yours are just so pretty." She said as if it should be obvious. She was prissy and snappy- the perfect recipe for a rich bitch.

I wondered if this chick was secretly a demigod. Aphrodite's kids would be jealous.

"Uh... thanks." I said, and awkwardly turned. I looked at Leo who flashed me a thumbs up. Obviously, he'd noticed Veronicas staring. Was it that obvious? I wasn't sure if she was doing it to get my attention or just cause she was plain weird.

I ignored it the rest of class though, and eventually she stopped.

Finally, the bell rang and I wanted to get up and practically run to Latin. I already missed Annabeth and it had hardly been 2 hours. I walked to Leo.

"Man, if that girl looked at you any longer, she'd turn you to stone," Leo laughed.

"Right? Some Medusa shit," I said. We walked out of class together. "What do you have?"

"Construction," He said. "You?"

"Latin," I replied.

"Man, you should've taken hydroelectric engineering," Leo laughed.

"That's a thing?" I asked.

"Uh." Leo looked at me as if I were the stupidest thing he'd seen all day- and that couldn't be the case, he'd seen Veronica with his own eyes. "It's only one of the biggest engineering things ever..." he shook his head and put his hand on my shoulder. "Percy. I worry about you."

"Hey," Annabeth walked up, and I couldn't help but engulfing her in a hug. I held her tightly. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I just missed you," I smiled.

"Percy!"

"And, there's also something wrong." I said. Annabeth turned to look at the voice.

Veronica 2 middle names something Hughes walked up as if she were an A list celebrity and I was Prince Harry. She then looked at Annabeth like she was an old trend she didn't like, practically brushes her aside, and stood in front of me. "Hey, what class do you have next?"

"Uh.." I looked at Annabeth, and then at Veronica. I stepped away from Veronica and back beside Annabeth, who was glaring daggers. "Latin. C'mon Annabeth," I said, and we turned and walked away. I heard Veronica do a little rich 'hmf' before walking away with the click click click of heels following her.

"Care to explain?" She asked as we dodged and wove in between crowds.

"Uh, I honestly have no clue," I said, and gave her a quick rundown: "rich girl's daddy owns half the city, like a 5 word long name is suddenly obsessed with me, yippy-Kay-yay."

Jason walked up beside me, Piper at his side. I'd never been happier to see the 2 of them- and that says a lot, considering we kind of defeated Gaea together.

"Hey Jason," I said, "please tell me you have Latin next."

"Nope, math," He said. I sighed. "Here's my stop." He walked into a doorway.

Piper looked at Annabeth. "Girl, I'm gonna flip if another girl lays hands on Jason."

"At least if all fails you can charmspeak him into staying with you," Annabeth said. "I on the other hand have Percy."

Piper laughed.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked.

"It's a joke, take a joke Seaweed brain," Annabeth said.

"Here's a joke- Layla Lucas' acting skills. If you're gonna be fake, at least do a good job of it." Piper said.

"Layla Lucas?" I asked.

"Who's that?" Annabeth asked.

"Long story, catch you later," Piper then walked into a room.

The hallways began clearing out.

"There's the Latin room," said Annabeth. We both walked in.