Chapter Six

Adeline sat with Toni, Fangs, and Sweet Pea telling stories and jokes. Her sides ached from laughing and her cheeks hurt from smiling too much.

"Then when I was six, a chicken started to chase me and I tripped and fell face first into a puddle. Also to make things worse, the chicken was flapping its wings in my face while I was crying." Adeline shuddered,"It was horrible."

The three let out a couple of laughs at the girls story,"Why did the chicken even chase you in the first place?" Toni asked. Adeline shook her head as she remembered why.

"I might have tried to take one of her babies." The Serpents shook their heads in amusement. "In my defense, I thought that the chick was lost. I was gonna take it home and take care of it!"

Fangs chuckled and ruffled Adeline's hair,"Of course you were." She huffed and tried to pat her hair down.

"Well, someone's staring at you," Toni nodded over at Dorian who sat with Reggie and the Bulldogs.

Dorian felt a pang of jealousy seeing Adeline with them. He was starting to hate them more than ever, especially Sweet Pea. The Serpent who pushed him against the lockers and caused him embarrassment. Dorian knew that Sweet Pea was starting to like the blue eyed girl. And quite frankly, it didn't sit well with him. He liked Adeline first and would do anything in his power to win her over. Adeline lightly waved at him before returning to the previous conversation.

"You look a little jealous," Toni whispered at Sweet Pea. He kept his glare on Dorian and blocked Adeline from his view. Dorian scowled and turned away.

"I'm not jealous," He whispered back and listened to the conversation Fangs and Adeline were having.

"Bucky Barnes," Adeline said dreamily. She loved the MCU and probably knew more about it than the American history. "Just thinking about him makes me go crazy."

"Who's Butchy Burns?" Sweet Pea asked in confusion and slight jealously on why he makes her go crazy.

"Only the love of my life!"

"You said that about Pietro Maximoff."

"Stop exposing me!" Adeline hit Fangs, "And his name is Bucky Barnes. Actually, James Buchanan Barnes, Bucky is his nickname."

"He's from Marvel, Sweet Pea. You would know that if you watched the movies with me." Fangs pointed out. Sweet Pea pinched the bridge of his nose and muttered a curse word.

"Language!"

"Did you just-" Fangs started.

"Yup." The pair high fived while the other two groaned.

"It was a mistake letting them meet," Toni said with Sweet Pea nodding in agreement. The four stared at each other and laughed loudly which  stopped when they heard Reggie Mantle speaking.

"Take the jacket off, rat boy."

That's when they noticed Jughead wearing his Serpent jacket. Sweet Pea and Fangs prepared to defend him as they saw Dorian and the Bulldogs stand behind Reggie. A couple more words were spoken before he attacked Jughead. The two quickly jumped in and started to throw punches. A few people noticed and some were taking videos.

Dorian shoved Sweet Pea into the ground and smirked,"Oops." The Serpent got up quickly and tackled him.

"Should we try to stop them?" Adeline asked Toni. The pink haired girl only shook her head no.

"If we tried to help and got hurt in the process, the Bulldogs would have to deal with all the Serpents." What the two girls didn't notice was Veronica Lodge running off to find Principal Weatherbee. That's how they all ended up in the principal's office. Jughead was being stubborn and got suspended for not taking off his jacket.