Chapter Twenty-One

Hearing the gun being shot was enough for Sweet Pea to tackle Dorian to the ground. He grabbed his shirt and punched him across the face. Dorian laughed in his face, blood pooling in his mouth.

"She loves me more." He repeated.

Sweet Pea began to beat the boy ferociously. It was like he couldn't stop and he didn't want to. All he could hear was his grunts and sound of his fist hitting Dorian's face. He couldn't even register his friends voices trying to get him to stop.

"Stop! Sweet Pea, stop! You're gonna kill him!" Toni grabbed onto his arms and tried to get him to stop. Fangs saw her struggle and tackled the boy to the ground.

"Let me go! I'm going to kill him." Sweet Pea growled.

"We can do that later because right now, she needs you." Fangs grumbled. He pointed to Adeline was covered in blood and shaking. He helped the boy off the ground and pushed him towards his girl.

Sweet Pea kneeled beside the crying girl and held her close. He began rocking them slowly to try and ease her pain, but he knew it wasn't going to work.

"He's dead." Adeline cried out. She wrapped her arms around the boy and dug her face into his chest. Sweet Pea rubbed her back and kissed her forehead.

"He's going to be fine, baby." He grabbed her face and looked into her eyes,"The paramedics are coming and they are going to save him."

"How are you so sure?" She whispered to him. He pulled her into his embrace and stroked her hair.

"Because he is one of the strongest men I have ever met. He's gonna make it and he's gonna see you graduate, walk you down the aisle, and see his grandkids live." He kissed her forehead once more. "But right now, you have to be strong for him and we are going to be here to support you."

《   》

Adeline gnawed on her thumb nervously as she waited for her dads results. She was currently in a hospital bed resting as the doctors did their check up on her. She found out that one of her ribs was actually broken and that it'll take a few weeks to heal. They cleaned up her all her scratches and told her to relax. But she couldn't, not without knowing the fate of her father.

The drive to the hospital was hectic and it almost sent her into a panic attack. She remembered yelling at the people in the ambulance to drive faster. She remembered the blood gushing from her fathers wound. She remembered all of them yelling and asking if she was hurt, but she ignored them and told them to focus on her dad.

She shook those thoughts out of her head, she didn't want the last memory of him slowly dying on the gurney. She wanted to remember the good times she had with him. So, she thought of all the Saturday nights they stayed on the couch watching their favorite show. She thought of the time where they had a small food fight while baking. She thought of her mother and father dancing in their living as she and her brother watched. She thought of every good memory they spent together. And she prayed. She prayed to all the gods and angels. She prayed to her mother and brother to help save her father. She didn't know what she would do if she lost her last blood family.

The doctor who aided to Will finally stepped in her room and began to tell her what happened.

"He lost a lot of blood..." His voice began to fade out as Adeline focused on tracing patterns on her hand. She was scared and did everything she could to try and drown out the doctor's voice.

"...we don't know when he will wake up."

Adeline's head shot up as she stared at the doctor,"S-so, he's like in a coma?" She asked him. He nodded at her.

"We think he might wake up in a few days or in a week, but other than that, he will be fine." He assured her. She let out a breath she didn't know she was holding and covered her face. Tears began to fill her eyes as she thanked all the gods and angels she prayed to. She thanked her mother and brother for looking over him as he fought for his life.

The doctor stepped out and in came Sweet Pea. He sat in a chair next to her and kissed the top her hand.

"How are you feeling, Angel?" He whispered.

"Like shit." She replied with chuckle but stopped immediately when pain filled her chest. He notices and held into her hand tightly, but not enough to hurt her. He didn't want anymore of that happening.

"You really scared me." Sweet Pea's voice cracked. "I thought I was gonna lose you." A few tears fell but he wiped them away thinking she wouldn't notice. Adeline smiled and wiped the rest of the tears that began to fall.

"I'm okay Sweets. I'm right here and I'm not going anywhere." She grabbed his hand and placed a small kiss on it. The couple stayed silent for a few moments before Sweet Pea blurted out something that shocked them both.

"W-what?" She stuttered.

He stood from his chair and began pacing,"I-I think I knew for while now. Maybe even one of the first times we spent time together, but I know now." His rambling caused the girl to blush and giggle as he still walked around the room.

"Hey Sweets?"

"But you don't have to say it back, I won't be mad. I'll wait till you're ready." He continued to ramble until Adeline stopped him.

"Say it again." She whispered. He grinned and sat back down, holding her hands.

"Adeline, I love the way you smile whenever Fangs tells a joke, I love how serious-"

"Sirius Black?"

"Shush, let me have my moment." He cleared his throat before resuming,"Anyways, I love how serious you get about your books or shows, I love how fast you blush whenever someone compliments you."

"Sweetie, it sounded like you were proposing." She teased.

"In the future." He winked at her causing her to blush. He looked into her blue eyes that he madly fell in love with.

"I love you, Adeline Hart." He said with love in his eyes.

"I love you too, Sweet Pea." She pulled his face towards hers and kissed him. The boy grabbed her cheek while she grabbed held his neck. They didn't know how to explain what they felt. It was like a thousand butterflies fluttering in her stomach while being on cloud nine. But they knew right here and right now, that would love each other always and forever.

《   》

bam, double update
also i don't really know much about doctor stuffs so I apologize :))
i almost killed off will too then i realized that Adeline has lost too much already. i know there's probably plenty mistakes so i apologize for that as well.
hope you enjoyed this chapter :)