Chapter Eighteen

Wake up
Wake up
Wake up
WAKE UP
The voice echoed in her head as she shot up and groaned. Her head throbbed madly as she tried to look at her surroundings. She noticed that she was in an old, abandoned warehouse. The place was dark and cold, which made her body shiver. She then remembered the voice before she woke up and began to cry silently. It was her brother's voice. A voice that she hasn't heard in so many years, she had almost forgotten what he had sounded like. And she had almost forgotten what her own mother sounded like.

How did he know about them? She thought in her head. The door creaked open and out came Dorian Wilson. The girl gave him the harshest glare that she could muster as he came closer. It only resulted in him chuckling.

"Come on Adeline, you think you look scary?" He crouched down and looked her in the eye,"Well guess what, I'm the scariest motherfucker out here." She glared at him even harder and with a boost of courage, she spat in his face.

"Fuck you." 

He chuckled once more and got up, not before kicking her in the ribs. Adeline let out a yelp as her eyes teared up. You are not weak, get the hell up, she thought to herself. With pain erupting in her chest, she got up and looked the monster in the eye right before tackling him to the ground. They both fell to the ground with a groan and punches started to be thrown.

"HOW. THE. FUCK. DO. YOU. KNOW. ABOUT. THEM." Adeline yelled as she swung at Dorian. She punched him in the nose and didn't care that blood started to pour out. She hated him and wanted to make him feel pain. Dorian then flipped them over with her face against the cold, hard floor.

"I know everything," he snarled. "I know about the men who attacked you and your family. I know how they murdered your mother and brother in front of you. And it was your fault wasn't it? You did nothing to save them, you are pathetic and weak." He whispered harshly in her ear. Adeline laid limp on the ground as she registered his words.

Pathetic. Weak. Pathetic. Weak. All my fault. All my fault. My fault. MY FAULT.

His voice echoed in her head as she stared blankly at the dirty wall. The first thing she felt was an ache in her heart. It hurt so bad. She wanted it to stop. Her heart was swimming with emotions she couldn't handle and her mind, drowning in her dark thoughts. She blinked and a single tear rolled down her face and onto the cold ground. My fault.

Dorian, having feeling her grow limp, let go of her and gave her a kiss on her head. He stood up and walked towards the door, he stared at her with madness in his eyes as he smirked. Before he left, he began to whistle a tune as he shut the door. Darkness invaded the room once again and left Adeline by herself.

Once she heard his footsteps fading away, tears began to cascade down her face. She squeezed her eyes shut and tried to silence her cries, but sadly, she could not. Emotions started to pour out of her like a wave. No- tsunami. Adeline then let out a heart wrenching cry as the tsunami overpowered her. She began to scream in agony for her lost loved ones. Heavy sobs racked her body as she hit the floor beneath her. She continuously hit the floor until her arms started to ache and blood covered her knuckles.

"IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ME." She yelled into the darkness. With one more hit to the floor, she fell and curled into a ball. "I'm sorry." She whispered to no one and let darkness consume her.

《 》

The large group occupied the waiting room in the Riverdale General Hospital. Everyone was anxious, scared, and most of all, furious. Right before Dorian sped off, he shot Fangs, who was currently undergoing surgery.