Chapter Eight

"Are you thinking about your sexuality again?" Jughead grinned as he sat across from Adeline. The girl shook out of her thoughts and chuckled.

"Yeah, just thinking about all the women who make me go crazy," she lied. All she could think of was the messages she received and didn't sleep all night because of it.

"Who makes you go crazy?" Toni asked and smirked at Sweet Pea. He glared at her and looked at back Adeline. He saw the dark circles under her eyes and noticed she was spacing out every once in a while.

Adeline gave it some thought before answering,"Scarlett Johansson, Gal Gadot, Elizabeth Olsen, Phoebe Tonkin, and more but I'm lazy to think right now."

"You alright?" Sweet Pea asked. She forced a smile and nodded.

"Perfect."

《   》

"Adeline!" She jumped when someone tapped her shoulder and pulled out her ear buds. She turned and saw Dorian with a small smile. She felt a shiver go down her spine but didn't know why.

"Hey," she replied softly.

"Haven't seen you in a while," he said as they walked to lunch. "What's been going on lately?"

She shrugged,"Nothing much." Yeah, nothing much. Just some person stalking me, everything is totally fine. She thought sarcastically.

"I miss being with you," he pouted at her. Adeline laughed and agreed. She did miss being around him.

"We should have a movie night!" She exclaimed 

"Only if I get to pick the movies." Dorian stated. She was about to argue but he cut her off,"You picked all the movies last time, it's my turn." She groaned and put her head on the table.

He shook his head before giving in,"Fine, I'll let you pick one movie."

Adeline's head shot up and threw her hands up,"Hell yes!" She blushed when people started to look their way.

"Sweet Pea, ain't that your girl?" One of the Serpents asked and pointed at Adeline and Dorian.

Sweet Pea gave a hard look at the Serpent,"She's not my girl." He grumbled. He glared at Dorian with growing anger and watched as he smirked at him.

Jealous? Dorian mouthed when Adeline wasn't looking. Sweet Pea roughly got up and walked towards the pair with Jughead, Toni, and Fangs, while the rest of the Serpents watched.

Hearing footsteps approach them, Adeline turned and smiled at the Serpents. Her blue eyes met Sweet Pea's dark, alluring ones and felt her heart beat little faster.

"Hi," she whispered. The two stared at each other for a short amount of time but to them, it seemed as though the world slowed down and they were the only people there.

Dorian coughed and the two looked away, blushing. There was an awkward silence before it was broken by Adeline.

"Do you guys need anything?" She asked, still blushing.

"Yeah, Sweet Pea. What do you need?" Jughead pat his back and gave him a sly grin.

"I'm gonna need you to shut up, before I start punching your face." Sweet Pea harshly whispered at him. Jughead only laughed and put his hands up in mock surrender.