Chapter Nineteen

The two sat in an uncomfortable, but comfortable silence. Adeline didn't know how to explain it. Malachai didn't hurt her and actually tried to make a conversation with her, but he still helped Dorian.

"What's your favorite color?" She was shook out of her thoughts, hearing his question.

She look at him confused,"Black.." she trailed off. His eyebrows shot up to his hairline in surprise.

"Didn't

"What?" She looked at him crazy.

Malachai groaned,"What are you? Deaf? I asked about your favorite color." Adeline rolled her eyes, at least he wasn't trying to kill her. She thought.

"Didn't expect that." He responded.

"What did you expect?" She asked.

"To be honest, pink."

"OH, COME ON." She yelled in exasperation. "Not all girls favorite color is pink, but there's nothing wrong with pink. I think my mom's favorite color was pink." She mumbled the last part to herself. "Ooh, I also enjoy blue and yellow. It's pretty." She cleared her throat as memory of her mother came up. Tears burned her eyes and she blinked them away rapidly.

Malachai looked at her and saw her mood crash down,"Are you crying?" He asked bluntly.

"No, I'm laughing. See? Haha." Adeline faked a smile and laughed.

"Please, stop." He grimaced. Malachai then felt his phone vibrate. He fished it out of his pocket and saw that it was a text from his brother, telling him to meet him. The seat scraped the floor as he got up, Adeline cringing at the sound.

"Well, this is where I leave. Catch you later, princess." He made his way towards the exit and gave the girl a wink before leaving. The door shut and Adeline was left alone yet again.

《 》

"Where is she?" Sweet Pea grunted as he punched the boy in front of him. The Ghoulie said nothing as blood fell from his mouth. The Serpent growled and punched him once more.

"Sweet Pea!" FP pushed him back. "Down boy."

"He's not talking! We need to find her before something worse happens. What if it already happened?" His voice becoming small.

FP's blood boiled, at the boy who stole Adeline and of the Ghoulie right in front of him. "I have an idea." He said, an evil glint in his eye.

Almost an hour later, the boy was tied upside down with a sink under him. Water touched the top of his head before FP stopped it.

"You got one more chance to talk. Where is she?" He hissed.

Silence.

FP growled and turned the water on, letting it cover his nose. He stopped it again and asked once more. Silence was heard again before he let the water cover his head. The Ghoulie started thrashing around, desperate for air. Sweet Pea stood in the corner smirking at the torture. He went forward and grabbed his head out of the water.

"Screw. You." He sputtered out, Sweet Pea dunked his head back in.

"Sorry, what was that?" He mocked. He pulled out his head again and watched as he took deep breaths.

"She'll submit to him and you'll be there to watch." The boy spit in Sweet Pea's face before laughing. The fuck? Sweet Pea saw red and choked him underwater while watching his body.

"Sweets," Fangs put a hand on his shoulder. "I think I got something that'll make him talk." Pointing at the car battery and jumper cables.

"Hell yeah."

He followed Fangs as they set up the torture device while FP held up the boy's head.

"Wha- what's that?" He asked, afraid. FP smirked at his fear, they were finally breaking him.

"Something that'll hopefully make you talk." He roughly patted the younger one's face. "Ready guys?"

"You know how to work this thing right?" Sweet Pea whispered to Fangs.

"Uhm, I think so." He replied sheepishly. The taller boy just rolled his eyes and grabbed the cables to hook them into the Ghoulie.

"Wait, wait!" He panicked.

The leader of the Serpents held up a hand to Sweet Pea, stopping him. "Just tell us where she is and maybe we'll let you go."

"He'll kill me."

"Boy, if you don't tell us then you'll die. Either way, you lose." FP waited for a response and when it didn't come, he beckoned for Sweet Pea to hook the jumper cables.

"We good, Fangs?"

"Yeah, just tell me when." Fangs smirked.

The Serpents looked at the boy who shaking. The cold air nipped at his skin causing him to shiver. His teeth chattered as he felt his hair and shirt sticking to him. Did he really want to die at the hands of the Serpents? Or Dorian. He contemplated about it in his head before giving him.

"Fine. I'll tell you, but I want to leave as soon as I do." He looked at the men in front of him. They looked at each other, having a silent agreement. They nodded and look to him to continue. He began to tell them about her whereabouts and the plan that Dorian made.

FP clapped his hands, smirking at the two boys.

"Let's go get her back."

《   》
how's quarantine lmao

sorry for any mistakes !