Chapter Two

"So...you're the Viper Assassin. That's pretty cool, right?" The boy said awkwardly as he tried to initiate conversation with Billie. The blonde looked at him with a stoic expression on her face and Tom felt as though he was actually speaking to the Viper Assassin.

The nineteen year old actor was still reeling from the fact that he had just met Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Evans less than two hours ago. A part of him could barely believe the fact that he was here...on the set of Captain America: Civil War.

It was too good to be true.

He had already done seven auditions during the past couple months and now here was the eighth one. He knew there was a large chance he wouldn't get the part of Spider-Man. There was possibly a larger chance that he wouldn't get it than if he actually did get it.

It was a one in a million chance, right?

Tom was prepared to lose but he really didn't want to. He wanted to be Spider-Man more than anything. Ever since he was a little kid he wanted to be Spider-Man and now he was almost there. The only person he had to do another screen test with was Billie Aufderheide.

Speaking of which...

He felt a little starstruck standing in front of said American actress.

While Tom wasn't familiar with the actress's work outside of the MCU, other than Zombieland,  he did know that she had starred in a couple of horror films and not to mention the highly acclaimed series Mad Men. American Horror Story too. He was pretty sure she was in the season about the witches but he couldn't be sure. Horror films weren't really Tom's cup of tea. Tom hadn't seen Mad Men either although he had heard a lot of amazing things about it...enough to know that Billie Aufderheide was an incredibly talented and famous actress.

Even though Tom wasn't familiar with a lot of her work, outside a couple indie films she had done, he had become a very big fan of the Viper Assassin ever since seeing her in The Winter Soldier. How could you not be a fan of the Viper Assassin? She was a complete bad ass and not to mention one of the most complex characters in the MCU. But a small part of Tom wondered if Billie Aufderheide actually was the Viper Assassin because she was kind of giving him those weird vibes right now.

There was also something both beautiful and intimidating about the actress.

It might've been the fact that she was much taller than Tom had ever imagined. The actress was possibly an inch taller than him and she really made it obvious with the way she looked down at him with those stunning blue eyes of hers. They were the eyes that had garnered her a lot of fame and eyes that were every so often compared to Paul Newman's baby blues but Tom could now see why. Her eyes were a beautiful color of ocean blue but Tom could also spot tiny flecks of green within them as they stared down at him unabashedly. The American's long blonde hair was another feature of hers that seemed to match her German sounding last name and Tom really believed that she was, at least, part German. Her blonde locks cascaded past her shoulders and seemed perfectly straight, without a hair out of place.

However, if there was anything that surprised him about the actress, it was the fact that she didn't dress like how Tom imagined American actresses to dress like. Well, he knew celebrities were just really normal people but the fact that this was an actress who played a character in the MCU kind of made her surreal to Tom.

The blonde was dressed in a pair of jeans, t-shirt, and a pair of dark blue ankle boots with a velvety looking sheen to them. Her shirt appeared to be an old concert t-shirt but Tom didn't know who the musician was. It looked to be a man wearing an old cowboy hat so Tom could only assume he was a country singer. It wasn't like Tom would know much about country music anyways.