Chapter Eight: Part II

Author's Note: Sorry I haven't updated in forever but I've been caught up in my other stories on FF and job hunting but I'm back. There's going to be more updates now so no worried. Please leave a review to let me know what you think of the chapter. Thank you for your patience. 

I've also included Billie's filmography at the end of the chapter.

After Billie and Tom had dinner they decided to stop at a local arcade on the way back to their hotel. It was a vintage sort of arcade with arcade games that looked like they had been there for decades as well as a carousel and an interesting looking fortune teller within the arcade too. The two hadn't made the move to play any games yet so they just sat at a table near the carousel as they watched children laugh and play.

 Billie watched in silence as a father picked his child up and placed her on one of the horses on the carousel. The little girl giggled as her father grinned back at her. Billie could feel her heart clench at the sight and she was unable to see anything but the dad and daughter.

"Do you come to this place a lot?" Tom asked her, breaking Billie out of her thoughts. She finally looked over at him before shrugging.

"Sometimes." Billie said as she swirled her straw around her cherry slushie. Tom had never had a slushie before but he kind of liked the way the slushie made her lips slightly redder than they had been before. "When I want to think and be by myself." Tom found her answer odd. He didn't see how anyone could think inside this place. It was loud and filled with hyperactive children.

"It's a cool place." Tom said, not knowing what else to say. Billie realized then that they probably didn't look much like movie stars in that moment. To other people they must've just looked like a couple of teenagers out on a date or something similar.

"So are you working on anything at the moment?" Billie asked him, changing the subject. She didn't really want to talk about why she came to this place on a weekly basis. Sometimes it was just a bit suffocating being around all those people. 

Don't get her wrong. 

She loved the other actors she worked with, even Robert who she pretended to hate, but sometimes they were so Hollywood and Billie felt like an outsider...like she didn't belong. Most of them had attended really fancy acting schools or they were from acting families. They were also a lot older than her so Billie felt pretty stupid and ridiculous next to them. It was nice to get away from everyone for a while and not constantly worry about what the others might think of her.

Billie wasn't stupid. She knew she probably only got parts because she was pretty. There were some actresses like Scarlett and Elizabeth who were both beautiful and talented. However, Billie didn't think she was talented like they were. Mad Men or not.

Scarlett was this former child actress who went to one of those really nice performing arts schools in New York. Lizzie came from an acting family, her twin sisters ridiculously famous, while also having studied acting seriously. Billie's mom just sent her to a nearly closed down children's theater because she was having behavioral problems. Her mom thought it would be therapeutic for her. Other than that, Billie had no prior acting experience. Not like the others, at least.

"Nothing at the moment. Just this." Tom told her. "I just finished filming this drama period piece called The Pilgrimage."

"Really?" Billie said, sounding interested and Tom blushed.

"I doubt you'd like it. It's probably really boring." Tom said shyly and Billie raised an eyebrow.

"How would you know what I like or don't like?" Billie questioned and Tom's eyes widened as he worried whether or not he offended her. It looked like he put his foot in his mouth yet again. He furiously shook his head.