Chapter Twelve

Author's Note: This chapter took a little long but I was busy re-editing the entire story. There was a lot of typos and errors that I really wanted to fix but everything looks fine now. So there's one more chapter after this one and then we'll skip ahead a few months to early 2016 where we'll see Tom again. I'm really excited. Please leave me a review and let me know what you think of the chapter. Thanks again.

I also feel like I have to say something guys. Stan Lee passed away and my heart's officially broken. That man created the world of Marvel which we all love so much and I can't believe he's gone. He was a genius and I'm sure his memory will live on forever in the characters he created. RIP Stan Lee.

"I can't believe you're not coming back to Lindale." Matteo Alvarez said tiredly as he and Billie were relaxing in their inner tubes in the Guadalupe River. Tubing was a common summer activity that Texans from Seguin and New Braunfels did to cool off. The Texas sun was blazing down on them and Billie knew it was in the late nineties. It was the kind of weather where you could cook an egg on the sidewalk.

The Guadalupe River was filled with Texans this time of year but no one bothered Billie. Sure, a couple of people asked her if she was that girl from the movies and other people stared at her for a minute before looking away but no one really bothered her. They said hello but didn't even ask for a picture. This was why Billie loved Texas. No one ever bothered her there. Texans, outside the cities anyways, respected people's privacy and Billie loved her fellow Texans for that.

"I was really excited to see you in an actual high school that wasn't in the movies. Do you know how cool you'd be?" Matteo told her and Billie just smiled from behind her pair of designer sunglasses. 

She had only been in New Braunfels for two weeks so she was relaxing before she had to fly to Los Angeles. Billie had invited Matteo, her childhood friend from Lindale, to stay with her and her mother for her remaining week in New Braunfels. Billie and Matteo looked like the picture perfect sight of relaxation. Billie in her teal one piece Miu Miu bathing suit with floral patterns imprinted all over it and Matteo in his swimming trunks.

"I know, I know. I said I was going to go back for senior year and I disappointed you. Sorry." Billie told him and Matteo just smirked at her.

"I don't believe you. You're never sorry about anything." He told her and Billie's smirk was unwavering as she looked back at him.

"But you still love me, don't you, Matty?" Billie said teasingly and Matteo rolled his eyes at her.

"Begrudgingly." Matteo muttered before going back to the topic at hand. "Look at you. Ditching us small town folks for Hollywood. Next thing you know you'll be partying with the Kardashians and going to Taylor Swift's Fourth of July bash." A revolted look crossed the blonde's face as she fought the urge to throw up.

"Gross." She said bitterly. "Trust me. I'll never be caught dead hanging out with the Kardashians and Swift."

"Good to know." He told her before a hopeful look crossed his face. "You know...if you want to make it up to me then maybe you can introduce me to Scarlett Johansson. I'll never be mad at you again." Billie rolled her eyes.

"You're disgusting. She's married with a kid." Billie told him and Matteo just shrugged.

"Still...it doesn't hurt to ask." Matteo said sheepishly and Billie just shook her head. But then her friend seemed to take interest in something else. "So what celebrity gossip did you pick up on while on the set of only one of the biggest movies yet to come?"

"Since when do you care about celebrity gossip?" Billie questioned as she raised an eyebrow.

"Since my best friend's a movie star that hangs out with other movie stars who actually have interesting lives." Matteo told her and Billie scoffed.