Chapter Fourteen

Author's Note: So I haven't updated in a while and I'm sorry but things have been pretty busy lately with the holidays. This is kind of a long chapter to make up for that. I'm not sure when I'll update next. I plan to update 'Some Thing Never Sleep' on here and then update the version on FF. Maybe after that, I'll come back to this again. So there will be one or two more chapters then I'll skip to the Civil War press tour which I'm excited to write.

February, 2016

Billie didn't know how she was even here.

One moment she was taking on a very dramatic role opposite James McAvoy of all people and under the direction of a brilliant director like M. Knight Shyamalan...then she was suddenly whisked away to New York where she was waiting outside a high school in a SUV with someone she was incredibly pissed at. Billie never would've imagined she'd be in this position two weeks ago when Split finally wrapped up and she got a call from Kevin. She had been angry and bitter ever since then.

"What's going on, Kevin?" Billie said into the phone as she looked out the window of her hotel room in Philadelphia. "I thought it would be a while before I got a call from you. Was there something wrong with the scene Robert, Don, Paul, and I did during reshoots?"

They had just wrapped on filming Split the day before and Billie was getting ready to go back home. She was prepared to fly back to New York in a couple weeks with her grandfather to meet with Greta Gerwig, the director and writer of Lady Bird, so that Billie could read some lines of the script with her. She hadn't signed on to do the movie yet but Billie had facetimed with Greta a lot and they discussed the movie quite a bit so Billie felt good about auditioning for the role. Billie wasn't sure but she felt like 2017 was going to be a really good year for her.

"No, nothing's wrong, Billie. Everything looks perfect." Kevin told her. "I think this scene is going to set up Homecoming very nicely for Emma." Billie nodded even though he couldn't see her.

"I saw the trailer for Civil War a couple months ago. It looks really amazing. I can't wait to see it." Billie told him and she felt like she wasn't being too narcissistic with saying that even though she was starring in the movie.

These Marvel films were so secretive that Billie had no idea what was going on for a majority of the movie. She only really knew about the scenes she was in and very little about anything else. At this point in the game, and after working with the Russo brothers for almost three years now, Billie knew it wasn't worth it to ask them about what happened. They'd never give it up and they'd just make her read a bunch of fake scripts. Billie was beyond caring at this point and she was just going to settle for waiting until the movie came out like everybody else.

"I'll tell Joe and Anthony." Kevin said and a confused look crossed Billie's face as she continued to stare out the window.

"So what is this about if it's not about reshoots?" Billie questioned.

"I actually called to tell you about this really amazing idea Tom had." Kevin said excitedly and Billie looked even more confused than before.

"Holland?" Billie inquired. She was still very much in contact with Tom over the past few months. Billie texted him quite a bit while filming Neighbors 2 and they even facetimed a couple times too. Although...Billie hadn't texted him in a while ever since she started filming Split. She had been kind of busy with filming that movie since it was very emotionally exhausting. Billie didn't want to be the kind of actor who got emotionally exhausted because it was so cliche but it was the truth.