Chapter Three

Author's Note: This story's super fun to write and I hope you enjoy this chapter. It's quite a bit shorter but I'll try to have the next one out sooner. This chapter gives you a small glimpse into Billie's past. I also know that in the flashback her last name is McCallister instead of Aufderheide but that's intentional and more will be revealed as the story goes on.

Also...for those of you that read 'Some Things Never Sleep' which is kind of connected to this story since Emma is the character Billie portrays in this story. Anyways, I know that in 'Some Things Never Sleep' Emma wasn't in the Winter Soldier storyline that much but since I sort of consider this an AU piece...Emma was in Winter Soldier a whole lot more in the version of the movie that Billie's in.

I'm also thinking of putting Billie's filmography up somewhere but I'm not sure when. Hope you like the chapter.

Lindale, Texas
2005

There was a heat wave that went through Texas that one spring day.

Heat waves weren't uncommon but that Saturday in May was hotter than all the rest. It was a peaceful day despite the heat and humidity. Lindale was a small town that didn't have more than four thousand people but it was a tight knit community.

There wasn't much to do in Lindale.

There was an old, broken down theater in the middle of town with garbage bags hanging over the broken seats and ducktape trying to hold the cup holders up. Sometimes the audio went out during the middle of the movie which sucked but it was all everyone had in Lindale. The theater was built back in the fifties and it was a miracle it was still standing since the maintenance was terrible. There was also a diner in town that was packed every Sunday morning both before and after church. Then were was the Whataburger parking lot where all the teenagers frequented as they smoked their cigarettes and goofed off.

Those were really the three highlights of Lindale...or at least at the time. This was before Lindale was the proud home of celebrities...a list that really only consisted of two people. Miranda Lambert and Billie Aufderheide which still wouldn't happen for some time. This was pre-House That Built Me Miranda Lambert and it was also pre-Viper Assassin Billie Aufderheide. Not that any of that was important but anyways...

In a small house out in the country lived a young and happy family. The house was a tiny one, probably built in the thirties, but it was just enough for the McCallister family. Two bedrooms and one bathroom could be tough to manage but the family was happy. Or at least they thought they were before everything went down hill.

The mother was away at work while the father and daughter remained inside the small, quiet house. The sunlight filtered in through the large window in the living room. Every window in the house was open but it wasn't like it made a difference anyways. There was no nice breeze that wafted through the air so they also had a couple of fans going too. The ceiling fan was on full blast as the father and daughter kept cool in the living room.

"Daddy, when can we go play some ball? I'm bored." Seven year old Billie complained loudly. The young father chuckled at his daughter who was already seven years old.

"It's too hot for baseball right now, darlin'." Ethan McCallister told her and Billie pouted.

"Well, we could go play baseball and then get ice cream to cool down." Billie pointed out and Ethan just smiled at her before shaking his head.

"You always now how to make a good argument, Billie. You should be a car salesmen or a politician someday." Ethan said and Billie made a face.