Chapter Thirteen

Author's Note: So still no Tom in this chapter but he'll be back next chapter. This chapter kind of sets up the next chapter and then it'll skip ahead a few months.

I just wanted to mention the meaning of Billie's German nickname that her grandfather gave her "Mäuschen"
which means "Little Mouse". He'll call her that quite often so it's important to know for the story.

Thanks for all the reviews and votes once again. Let me know what you think of this chapter. Thanks!!!

"You have everything then?" A teary eyed Sarah Aufderheide asked her daughter. The Aufderheide family were currently back at the San Antonio International Airport with Matteo tagging along. Billie and her grandfather had just checked in their bags at the front desk so now it was time for good-byes. If Billie signed on to do Neighbors 2 while she was in LA that would mean she would be away for even longer. Neighbors 2 would be a month and a half long shoot in Georgia. Billie wondered why all the big blockbusters seemed to be filmed in Georgia these days. Not that she was complaining. It was better than LA.

"It's a little late to ask that, Mom. Opa and I just checked in our luggage." Billie informed her very emotional looking mother. She was in a little bit of a mood because she had really wanted to fly first class this time but since her grandfather was a stubborn old man, he absolutely refused and instead got them seats in coach. He told her it was fine for her to fly first class but why the hell would she fly in first class when he was in coach? She wasn't going to leave her grandfather alone on the plane.

"I'm just trying to make sure. You'll probably head off to Georgia after The Mindy Project and the auditions so you'll be away for a while." Her mother told her and Billie smiled sadly at her.

"I know but Opa and I will try to make it back for Thanksgiving." Billie told her and Sarah nodded.

"If not then I'll fly up to you guys." Sarah told both her father and daughter. It wasn't extremely busy in the airport since Billie and her grandfather were flying out on a weekday. Billie was also glad to see that there weren't any paparazzi at the airport. There never seemed to be paparazzi at the San Antonio International Airport. Not like LAX or JFK anyways.

"Okay." Billie said simply.

"Mach dir keine Sorgen. Ich werde ein Auge auf sie haben (Don't worry. I'll keep an eye on her)." Billie's grandfather said in German. Sarah smiled at him.

"Thank you, Papa." Sarah told him while Billie just glared at the both of them.

"Sie wissen, dass ich Deutsch verstehen kann, richtig(You do know that I can understand German, right)?" Billie said in perfect German. Her mother just laughed while her grandfather looked amused.

"It'll just be me and you, Mäuschen." Her grandfather told her affectionately. Billie smiled back at him before returning her gaze to her mother who still looked a bit emotional. Her gaze softened as she looked at her mother.

"I'm going to be fine, Mom. I've got Opa, I'll get those last couple high school credits, and I'll focus on my work." Billie told her, trying to make her mother feel better but her mother only shook her head.

"I'm just going to miss you so much." Sarah practically cried as she then latched onto Billie abruptly, ambushing her with a hug. Billie stood there awkwardly for a moment before returning her mother's hug. If there was one difference between Billie and her mother, it was the fact that her mother was a lot more comfortable with sharing her emotions than Billie was. Billie strongly believed in the concept of bottling everything up and ignoring your feelings.

"Don't make a scene. I was gone for the whole summer and you never freaked out like this. Don't worry. I'll facetime you every night." Billie told her comfortingly before Sarah pulled away so she could look Billie in the eyes. Billie gave her mother a sympathetic look as she noticed the tears streaming down her face.