Chapter Eighteen

Author's Note: I'm so sorry I haven't updated in forever but I just got caught up with school and work among other things. I'm hoping this long chapter will make up for everything. Next chapter will be more fun and light hearted since it's going to largely center around the press tour. The next two or three chapters will center around that. I forgot how much fun this story is to write and I'll try to be faster with the update next time. The picture here is Billie's dress for the dinner party in the chapter by the way. Thanks for reading and please let me know what you think of the chapter.

For the first time in Billie Aufderheide's life she was grounded.

She was totally and completely grounded which sucked because Billie had literally just turned eighteen. This was a milestone in her young life. To Billie it meant that she could drink alcohol in England and date anyone she wanted without having to hide it but to her mom it apparently meant nothing. It meant that Billie could still be grounded because as long as Billie lived under her roof then she was fully capable of being grounded.

Billie knew she fucked up.

Getting wasted at Coachella probably wasn't the wisest idea. Especially with how drunk she got and then vomiting all over the inside(and the outside) of Sebastian's car. Her mom had been livid when she woke up and yelled at Billie which hurt a lot because of the massive hangover Billie had been suffering from. Sebastian had been a bit more sympathetic as he gave her a glass of water with ibuprofen but Billie knew that even he was mad at her.

Her mom gave her a gigantic lecture about her stupidity and how she had ruined Sebastian's car. Billie apologized to Sebastian which was kind of awkward before she and Nellie were forced to clean his car. Billie also probably said a bunch of weird drunk stuff to him. Billie didn't know because she didn't remember much from that night. It was all a blur after the batting cage with Charlie.

God, had she really flirted with Charlie Puth?

Weird.

There was one thing Billie learned about herself during Coachella. Billie's father and Jell-O shots really didn't mix. Especially since Jell-O shots really had a way of sneaking up on you.

Well, they sneaked up on Billie, at least.

"Billie, are you ready for the party?" Her mom asked from the doorway of the guest room Billie was staying in while she and her mom were staying with Sebastian in LA.

The blonde was wearing a red sequined dress with long sheer sleeves. The skirt of the dress fell just above Billie's knees and it was part of the spring collection Miu Miu had let her keep. She paired the dress off with a pair of four inch black heels and a red choker necklace to top it all off. Her hair was pulled up into a lazy bun and she applied more makeup than she normally would when just seeing her co-stars. Billie would never admit that it may have had to do with the fact that this would be the first time she had seen Tom in close to two months.

"Yeah," Billie said quietly, knowing her mom was still kind of angry with her over last weekend. She felt guilty for disappointing her mom and now she wished she had never gone to Coachella in the first place. Not to mention she had also gotten Nellie into a lot of trouble too although the brunette assured Billie that it was fine and that she still had a lot of fun despite everything.

"Good. We have to get going soon," Sarah said just as quietly. She found it difficult speaking to Billie ever since that night at Coachella. After seeing her daughter like that, Sarah suddenly felt like maybe she didn't know her daughter as well as she thought she did. Sarah was starting to feel like she had no clue what was going on inside Billie's head and that terrified her.