Chapter Nineteen

"You guys are going on in two minutes," A small petite woman with an earpiece and clipboard told them as they waited backstage. Billie, Sebastian, Anthony, and Paul all waited for their names to be called out. Chris was currently being interviewed by Jimmy Kimmel which was their last bit of press for the day.

Well, until they hit the red carpet right after the interview, that is.

"Thanks," Paul told the woman as they all prepared themselves for the big show.

This wasn't the first interview Billie had ever done.

The first interview she had done on a late night talk show was on Jay Leno's show before he retired. She had only been ten at the time but she remembered feeling so nervous so Jay Leno eased her nerves by asking her questions about school as well as asking her what crazy hijinks Jon Hamm got up to on set. Billie no longer felt nervous after that and even felt moderately comfortable with all the attention focused on her.

Talk show interviews were never a problem for her.

They were fun and Billie even had a good time appearing on them. It was the more personal interviews that journalists gave that made Billie uncomfortable. Journalists who wanted to get to know the "real" her and pressed for answers. Billie didn't have a liking for journalists and always kept them at a distance while maintaining an icy exterior.

"You're dressed very...womanly," Sebastian stated, breaking Billie out of her thoughts. She raised an eyebrow at him.

Billie was dressed in a pink sequined Miu Miu dress with a skirt that fell just above her knees. The neckline that was encrusted with diamonds was deep and plunging. It probably would've been more revealing if Billie had a lot of cleavage to show off but that seemed to be one trait she didn't share with her mother.

There was a cut out of a heart featured just above her navel on the dress that revealed a patch of skin. The dress was paired off with a pair of strappy silver heels as well as a diamond encrusted headband on her head while her hair was pulled in an updo. Her make-up artist had gone with a smoky eyeshadow look tonight which Billie liked.

She would be lying if she said she didn't like dressing up for occasions like this. It was hard to imagine when she was a little girl that she didn't like girly things like dressing up. However, a lot had changed since then.

"Don't start," Billie told him, resisting the urge to roll her eyes at his tone. Sebastian just shrugged nonchalantly like he didn't mean anything by it.

"I'm not starting anything. I was just saying-" Sebastian started to say but Billie cut him off.

"I'm an adult, Sebastian," Billie told her mother's boyfriend seriously. "I'm allowed to dress how I want."

"I didn't mean it like that. I was just making an observation," Sebastian said defensively and this time Billie did actually roll her eyes.

"I know exactly what you meant," Billie told him and Anthony suddenly appeared at their side with an amused look on his face. He grinned at the both of them.

"Uh, oh," He started to say, wrapping an arm around Sebastian. "Sounds like dad's getting overprotective. Doesn't like his little girl dressed up like a woman."

"Just shut up, okay. You're really annoying me this press tour," Sebastian said, playfully glaring at his friend.

"Why are you so mad, Sea Bass?" Anthony questioned, continuing to tease Sebastian and Billie. "Afraid that Holland's going to drool all over Billie and her side boob? Somehow I don't think Billie would mind that. That's probably what she was hoping for when picking the dress."