Chapter Seven

'"Mom, I'm completely fine. I already told you." Billie said into her phone as she hurriedly looked around her trailer for her pair of shoes.

Billie was currently getting ready for a training session/rehearsal for one of the airport fight scenes in the movie. Billie had already filmed a fight scene with Scarlett but there was supposedly numerous fight scenes that the Russo brothers had to throw together for the airport scene which was who knows how many minutes long. Billie had no idea what it was going to look like when it was all finished but hopefully it looked great.

"I'm just worried about you being all alone over there for the whole summer." Sarah Aufderheide told her. Billie looked under the couch for the shoes but they weren't there either. Damn...where the hell did she put those shoes? She knew they were in here from when she trained with Scarlett.

"You're the one who said it was okay." Billie told her mother.

"I know, I know. I just worry about you, Gator." Her mom said and Billie blushed in embarrassment.

"Mom, I told you not to call me Gator anymore. The last time you called me that, Seb and Mackie heard you and they still won't let me live it down." Billie tried to tell her but her mom only laughed.

"I only call you Gator because you're so grumpy all the time...like a little gator." Her mom teased and Billie sulked even though her mother couldn't see her.

"Whatever." Billie mumbled.

"Don't be like that. I'm only teasing you...even though you also have a weird obsession with those animals. " Her mom told her. "I can't believe you're almost an adult now yet you still brought that old stuffed alligator of yours with you to Atlanta."

"I did not." Billie argued and she could practically see her mother smirking at her.

"Well, Mr. Gator ain't here. That's for sure." Her mother drawled in the same Texan accent that Billie had. Billie sulked even more because her mother knew her too well.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Billie continued to deny and Billie could tell her mom was rolling her eyes right about now.

"Anyways...how it's going with that new boy on set? Are you two friends yet?" Her mom asked her and this time Billie actually did roll her eyes.

"We're not friends, Mom. We're co-workers." Billie told her.

"God, Billie, you sound just like my dad. Lighten up a little." Her mom tried to tell her. "By the way...I googled that boy. He's not exactly bad looking, Billie. Not to mention he's British."

"Why do you sound so interested, Mom? Want me to get you his number?" Billie asked sarcastically. "Don't worry. He's not jailbait anymore."

"You're hilarious, Billie." Her mom told her with just as much sarcasm before growing more serious. "I just want to know what's going on with your dating life. You know you can talk about boys with me, right?" Billie groaned.

"Oh my god, Mom. Stop." Billie complained loudly.

"Just don't let any boy pressure you into anything, okay? But if you want to have sex then it's your decision. Just remember to wear protection." Her mom informed her. Billie really loved her mother but sometimes the woman drove her crazy.

"I'm not going to have sex with my costar who I barely know, Mom. What's wrong with you?!" Billie argued. "Besides...you don't need to have the sex talk with me. I lost my virginity over a year ago. Remember? It sucked just like I knew it would."

"Wait one second, Billie. What are you-" Billie hung up on her mom before she tiredly rubbed her eyes. It was clear to her that she was going to get a headache. She honestly didn't know why Sebastian had a thing for her mother because her mother was so irritating. She understood that her mom was beautiful, or young and hot according to Anthony, but her mom was also literally the craziest person in the world.

Billie just sat there on the floor in her t-shirt and those really nice athletic leggings from Kate Hudson's fashion line as she tried to erase her conversation with her mother from her head. She supposed that was what happened when you and your mom were close in age. Her mom was more like a best friend than a mom.

When Billie's parents were still together her mom had been the more responsible parent but now that her dad was gone, Billie's mom was both a responsible and free spirited kind of parent. It also didn't help that people always thought her mom was her sister. Literally everyone in the cast thought that Billie's mom was her sister before Billie had to correct them. It was so embarrassing. However, before Billie could think anymore on it, she found the one thing she had spent the past fifteen minutes looking for.

Her shoes.

"Oh, thank god." Billie said as she grabbed her Nikes from underneath her coffee table and clutched them to her chest. Instead of immediately getting up from the ground to put on her sneakers, Billie just laid there on the ground. Was she really looking forward to the training session? No, definitely not. Oh, well. It's not like she could exactly run and hide. It was better to get this whole thing over with anyways.