Chapter Two: At Work

A clanking of keys against metal woke Quentin. His neck was stiff from the hard mattress in the holding cell. His eyes burn from sleeping in his contacts. Through his sleepy eyes, he sees his brother opening the door and letting him go. Quinn groaned and walked out of the cell without saying anything. Another officer was with his brother and handed the keys to his expensive car back to him. He ripped it from the officer's hands and stormed off.

He was still irate. It seemed like only drinking could solve his issues at this point. With his phone back in his custody, he looked at the time and the date...he had to go to work today. He groans and drives away from his brother's small town.

He first passes trees, and then passes family homes that seem to come closer together the closer he gets to the city. Eventually, the houses become so close that they become apartments. The buildings grow taller, and the scene becomes more urban. He had, and will, always prefer the city. The countryside provided nothing for him. He enjoyed falling asleep to the loud cars and occasional police car. He, strangely, enjoyed the traffic he encountered every morning. To him, traffic was the only constant in his daily business. Everyday presented a new challenge at his recently inherited company.

Romano Industry was an important business in this family. Built from the ground, Quinn's grandfather worked diligently to create the multi-million company before passing it down to his son, who made it a billion dollar company. The company manufactures machine parts for a variety of uses and other companies. He creates parts for other machines in factories, car parts, and even parts for important science technology. It wasn't well known for what it makes, but rather the handsome owners that each ran the business.

Dante Romano never forced his first son, or any of his children, into the business. He was a gentle father and prefers to let them to what they loved. That's how he ended up with his children in multiple different fields. This worked in his favor as only one child was interested in taking over the business, his fifth child Quentin. He would have hated to have choose one child over another.

He certainly was a gentle, loving father; but in the business world, he was ruthless and cutthroat. It was for the better of his company because now, it is one of the wealthiest companies in the world.

Quinn was very similar to his father in this respect, cutthroat to become the best. However, this never stopped when he was outside of work. He is often called rude and arrogant and egotistical. He was never one to keep long term girlfriends. Quinn's definition of long term was a month, with no labels. His main reason was that no one could keep up with him. Some found that his behavior is unacceptable. Quentin Romano had a lovely childhood with his loving family, he had many friends (although all but one was fake), and he never had one girlfriend break his heart into a million pieces. Others excuse his behavior by saying that he was middle child and never received the full attention a child needed. However, there was a missing link between it. It was more than just people wanting to use him because he is rich.

Overall, he was responsible enough to be the CEO of an important company and gain lots of respect. He just had issues giving back the respect to others.

Quentin pulls into his special CEO parking stop and storms into the building. It was a pretty tall building. With such a large company, many people are required for the many jobs. The CEO's office was located at the very top and the factories that create the products and warehouses are located all around the United States. His private elevator whisks him upstairs to the top floor.

He was really in the mood for strong liquor, something that will make him forget about his father's demand. He had to accepted it if he didn't want to lose the company (which he didn't). His father's demand did not require him to be nice to his future wife. He will surely make her life miserable. She was mostly a gold digger that drilled a hole into his father's soft heart and a daddy's little princess that will get anything she asks for.