Chapter Twenty: The Restaurant II

Addison, confused at her friends shocked face, looked towards the door. Her jaw dropped too. It was a simple coincidence. Their mother and father would take them to this fun Mexican restaurant when they were younger. It grew into a family favorite where each member would go from time to time. Addison still couldn't believe her brother was here. 

Quentin's eyes first met Penny's. What was she doing here? Then he looked at her partner, and came to a realization. His sister took Penny out for lunch. Penny didn't know many places in New York, so Addison took her to one of her favorite places. 

Well, it was also one of his favorite places. 

When his sister finally came to her senses, she hopped out of her chair to rush over to her brother. "Quinn! What a coincidence that you are here too!" Wait, shouldn't you be working right now? You know what, you are alone right now, so why don't you join Penny and I, hm?"

Quentin quickly moved his eyes away from his sisters tempting, deep blue eyes. He wanted to be alone, especially now. His closest thing to a girlfriend just broke up with him. He wanted to grovel and miss her friendship in peace. He puts his hands up, to protect himself from his sisters kind words and gestures, "I really shouldn't. You are having lunch with Penelope, I'll go somewhere else."

He pivots to walk out the door, but Addison reaches out her hand and grabs his wrist. By her grip on it, he could tell she was angry. More like furious

He moves his head and body slightly to get a better look at her. She had a wide smile across her lips, but her eyes could shoot lasers, and maybe fire. Through a gritted smiles, she said, "You are going over to that table, to be with your wife. Then we are going to chat about this girl you have been seeing. Okay?"

Addison was very similar to their mom. Small, cute, fun, terrifying and deadly. 

He reluctantly turns around and walks to the table. He grabs the attention of one of the waitresses, showing where he is going to sit and what he would like to eat. 

Addison, meanwhile, hops back into the chair, "He is going to eat lunch with us."

Penny, who was looking down at her phone since the moment her friend got up, jerked back up to look at her friend. Her body that had just relaxed, clenched up again. The grip on her phone tightened, her breath became short, her stomach felt like it was trying to win gold in gymnastics at the Olympics, and a burning heat spread across her skin. 

Is she blushing because I'm here? Quentin thought, putting his huge ego into practice. What he preceded as "blushing" or being just "nervous around a cute boy" was her anxiety taking over her body. She found him objectively attractive. It was a fact everyone in that family was model level beauty. However, she has seen parts of his soul that turns her off. She is still sacred around him. She is sacred that he will yell at her again. She is sacred that she left one disgusting man and feel into the hands of another. 

She has already been broken. She still feels broken. 

But there is that old saying "Everything can get worse."

Quentin slide into the seat next to his sister, thankfully for Penny. Addison was gushing with happiness, practically about to fall out of her seat. 

Quentin, on the other hand, sat mostly still, except for the infamous bouncing knee. With his foot resting on a middle rung of the chair, his knee goes up and down faster than anyone can blink. Sometimes the chair would squeak and it would be the only thing keeping Penny in reality. She was basically frozen with only her basic senses working. She would see the colorful tile on the table. She could hear Addison talking, but was focused on the creaks in the chair. She could smell the various Mexican spices being used to cook there meal. She could feel her bottom in the chair and her hand clenched around her phone still. She could taste her boring chapstick every-time she brings the bottom lip to chew the skin off.