Chapter Six: Meeting The Fiance and Family

A door opening woke Penelope Marshall up from her nap. She stayed there for a little bit but decided to leave her room and join the party. It was the polite thing to do. It seems like she was only asleep for a little less than forty-five minutes. Once she opens the door, she hears laughter and the tail-end of a conversation between family.

"...need is an actual boyfriend. I would also like to see my brother some other time," a man spoke. Penny finally reached the edge of the loft balcony. She sees a huge family spread across. Two women on a couch with a man, Mr. Romano and two other men around the dining room table, and then her fiancé roaming between groups. She knew it was him from all the pictures she has seen in the past few days. She does not see Mrs. Romano and Ms. Birdie, so her guess is that they were in the kitchen. She hears Mrs. Romano's voice and Penny continues to space out, still waving up from her nap. That was until she hears a familiar voice...

"And let's welcome Penelope Marshall."

This surprised her. Everyone suddenly had their eyes on the new redheaded girl.

All she could do was wave and say, "Hi."

Mrs. Romano and Ms. Birdie pop out from underneath the kitchen with wine glasses in hand.

"Oh Penny, darling," Mrs. Romano shouts up to the girl. "Come down so you can meet all of my wonderful children!"

Shaking, Penny obliges. Down each step, everyone remained staring at the poor girl. Mr. Romano, when at the bottom at the stairs, takes Penny's arm gently to guide her around the room.

"Okay Penny are you ready to meet the whole family, there is quite a lot of them."

Penny is still speechless and just nods along.

"Over there," he points to a green eyes and chestnut buzzcut hair, "is Benjamin, the oldest at 32. He is a cop, with a wife and two kids."

He walks over to the girl and gives her a firm handshake, "It is good to meet you! My father has spoken to highly of you. I'm sorry my wife Sofia isn't here. She is watching over my two young children, Tessa and Lukas."

He moves away so that Mr. Romano can continue, "The next person is Daniel, who is 30, and also a manager." Daniel had dark blond hair, styled with a fade cut and longer hair parted down the middle. His eyes match his older brother and father. He looked very familiar, but she couldn't place her finger on it. He also comes up to Penny, who actually found her voice to speak.

"And from what I heard looking for a boyfriend right?" Penny says, showing that she listened to part of the conversation.

"Good ear! Yes, I'm looking for a boyfriend since I just broke up with mine, but that also means I have a free spot open for a new client." He pulls a business card from his pocket. "Call me after you get settled and we will find you a nice audition."

So far, Penny really liked Daniel. He was funny, put together, and just a calming presence for the young woman. However, she has only met four out of the eight-person family.

"Daniel also has an identical twin," Mr., Romano carries on, "named Dylan, but he has been away, busy with work for some time. I hope that the next time he is in New York you can met him. Next, our first girl, Aubrey. She is twenty-eight and also a psychologist."

Aubrey stays at the couch, looks at the girl with a cold set of eyes, "You can call me Dr. Romano-Hill."

Penny, suddenly a little terrified of the tough brown haired, blue eyed woman. "O-okay," Penny stutters.

"Knock-off Aubrey," the man next to her said. "I am her husband, Logan Hill. I am a lawyer."

Aubrey starts laughing, "I got her good Logan! It's okay Penny, I was just messing with you. I can tell that you are one amazing young woman already." Aubrey gives Penny a small wink. Penny feels better about that interaction.