Chapter Eight: The Wedding

Penny stepped on delicate pale leg out from the car and onto the crowded steps of the city hall. The three women walk side-by-side up the steps to the many doors.

One was excited that her brother was settling down with a girl that she approved of.

Another was concerned about the girl's well-being but remains neutral to protect everyone.

Lastly, the girl was shaking, trembling, and just worried about getting married to a man that hates her.

Inside the office of the judge who is the wed the couple, stood four more people. A small portion of the Romano family, mother, father, and son.

And then Marshall family lawyer making sure the wedding is true.

The father is impeccable dressed in a dashing black suit and a matching bowtie.

The mother is matching with a classy little black dress, almost like she is celebrating the death of her son's single life.

The son is not looking his best, even on his wedding day.

Quentin woke up this morning with a massive hangover. He is already enduring a mental and emotional pain, so why not add physical pain to make it a perfect trifecta. His outfit somewhat reflected that pain. He is always best dressed, but on his wedding day, Quinn is a little below average.

He is not in a full suit, like his father and like how he would dress for work. He believes that Penny doesn't deserve to see him at his best. He wore pants that he found ugly, maroon slacks. The shirt was just average, a long white sleeve button up. To match the pants, he wore the maroon sport jacket that came with it. No tie, brown belt, and brown shoes completed the outfit.

Overall, he didn't look bad, but to himself he looked like total trash.

While the judge was getting ready for the wedding and getting together the marriage license, Dante found a perfect time to reticule his son, "I know you hate that suit with a burning passion. Why are you wearing it?" All Quentin did in return was roll his eyes. This fueled his father's anger, "You are ridiculous! Your mother and I raised you better than this. You think this sweet girl wants to marry an asshole like you."

"I am not ridiculous. I am angry at you and at this mystery girl. She should have said no to all of this! She had a choice. I don't care that she did it for her father's company. I don't know those people and I don't care about that business going under. Not... my... problem. "

Dante was taken back by his son's disgusting words, but he was not speechless, "You need to get off the pile of shit you climbed up on. You are not invincible. You grew up and had a great life. Your mother and I treated all of you guys so well, loved you hard, and gave you whatever you wanted. Not everyone lived like you. Many had worse, and you need to remember and respect that."

Dante walked over to his wife and whispered in her ear, "At this point, I have no hope in him. I am absolute disgusted by our son, worse than what he did in high school."

Amelia agreed with her husband but, "I have hope in that this girl will help him change his mind."

At this time, Penelope, Addison, and Ms. Birdie all walked into the judge's office. Mrs. Romano starts to fawn over Penny, telling her daughter what a great job she did. Penny gives her a sweet smile.

The judge comes back into his office with papers, "Okay, the couple needs to sign these papers for the marriage license and then we will proceed to the union."

Quentin still doesn't want to look at Penny, but he does peak a glance. She looked beautiful, absolutely gorgeous. He almost felt guilty for what he was wearing, but he put himself back in the mindset that she was the enemy.