Chapter Eleven: Mystery Man and Mom

DR, on his flight to New York, studied the Marshall family very well. The couple meet in college, married, and had a first child. It seemed like any other normal family, just like his own. But, always in his cases, there is always a twist. The wife and mother, Lilith Perry-Marshall left her husband and her fourteen year old daughter in the middle of the night. She has not been seen.

The plan ride from San Francisco to New York was long, so it gave him ample time to hack into the police department to find any files on the Marshall's.

DR hit gold!

He should a domestic abuse report filed only two years before she left. When she arrived at the hospital, she had a broken rib and bruised wrist. Her face was clean those. The report was dismissed as the two sat down with on officer and said it was a mistake, that Lilith was mentally ill.

DR didn't believe the report. While looking through files and talking to people at his company, DR heard many rumors that Mr. Marshall's wife left because he abused her. She ran off with a better lover. The new questions became who she left with and where did she go to.

The plane ride was almost over, and he had to turn off all electronics. That just left him to his thoughts. If Mr. Marshall did abuse his wife, could he have also done the same for his daughter? It was a plausible theory worth exploring.

DR now had three potential suspects: Ross DeLuca, Lilith Marshall, and Penelope Marshall.

The Company that DR works for provided him with a nice hotel room so that he can complete his work. This Company, which DR never knew the actual name, worked in secret and was international.

DR didn't find The Company, they found him.

After a fateful accident, The Company found potential in the young man and hired him. He traveled all around the world, investigating the murders of the world's richest...

And then killing the murdered.

Mr. Marshall knew what one part of this Company did, so he put them in his will to investigate in the case that he was murdered. Then, The Company would take them out.

At the hotel, he decided to start with Lilith Marshall, since she would be the easiest to find. He had an algorithm that looked through missing person's report from the date Lilith left to two weeks forward and that cross referenced to everyone Mr. Marshall written down on his files and in the company logs. He guesses that she left with someone from the company. If Mr. Marshall was abusive, then he wouldn't allow her to have friends. But Lilith is also recorded in visiting the company many times.

Sometime later, he got a match. The name was Kelley Franklin, Mr. Marshall's former personal assistance. She had a report written on her a few days after Lilith's disappearance. The missing report was resolved, however, once the family got a call, letter, and photo of the woman. She hasn't returned home since.

Starting off simple, he did a reverse image search from the missing person's report and found a picture right way. Albeit, she is older now, but he is still the same person. It turns out she is a real estate agent in upstate New York. He looked at the time, and saw that if he left now, he be able to see her before it is too late.

He hopped in his rental car, from the company, set the address to her office, and drove off.

He made it right in time. Kelley was walking out of her office. He decides to follow her back to her house. He had a suspicion that Lilith lived with her friend, still. He trailed along in the suburban neighborhood, with white picket fence and lush tree belts. She turned into one house, got out, and opened the front door.

And, to DR's luck, a woman matching Lilith's features (red hair, tall, and skinny) opened the door. What caught him by surprise was the two embracing in a kiss.