Chapter Forty-Six: Personal Chauffeur

"Hi, is this Detective Whitehead...yes this is Quentin Romano. I have been trying to find someone to help us. My wife recently was almost a victim of a hit-and-run. I want to find the person responsible....Hmm...She was a pedestrian...No, you can't speak to her right now....Fine! Call me back when you actually want to be useful!" 

It was the next morning, Tuesday, and Quentin recently took it upon himself to drive his wife, Penny Marshall, to her job every morning. Today was actually the first place at her new location, the theater. After Penny's frightful accident, Quentin decided that it would be best if they drove together. She whole heartedly agreed to that, since she was terrified of the streets again. 

Right as she became comfortable with the New York night, the city showed its true colors. 

The theater surprisingly wasn't too far from where Quentin works everyday. Even if it was an hour away, he would still take time to bring her. He was the CEO of the company and the founders son. He could do whatever he wanted, meaning he could be late. However, that was unnecessary, since the theater was only a few blocks away. 

Since last night and the early morning, Quentin has been trying to get in connect with someone at the local police department and file an official report. Penny was a little hesitant at the thought. She wasn't even sure if it was on purpose or not. Even if it was on purpose, she doesn't want to put herself in an even more compromising situation. Right now, she prefers to stay silent. 

Maybe she will file a report after the opening of the show. Right now, that is her main priority. She is already worried about the makeup artist and Diane yelling at her about the cuts. Oh yeah, she would also have to see Corey. She couldn't believe the thoughts she was having yesterday...wanting to date that man. After kissing him under her own terms and realizing that he stalked her, she could never in a million years "have fun with him". No part of him would be fun. 

It also didn't help that Quentin held Penny in her own bed until she fell asleep. 

It is safe to say that Penny thought it was a magical night. 

"I'm sorry about them. Cops are basically useless," Quentin sighed, brushing his hair back. He just wants her to feel safe again. He loves to drive her around, but he also knew how much she loved walking. In the beginning of her work, especially after feeling like she was followed, he offered to drive, but she then ranted about how much she loves the city and the cold air. It was just something she never experienced when living in San Francisco with her father. This morning, he didn't even ask and she didn't even fight. It was just a mutual agreement and something they both silently needed. "Hey, I was thinking." She turned lazily towards the driver seat. "Maybe we should get some wedding rings. I know that in the beginning I didn't want anyone to know, but I'm okay with it if your okay with it."

Penny sat and though for a bit, "Well, I am about to start working every night and I would have to take the ring on and off. I don't want to lose it. I don't mind the people at work knowing that we are technically married, but I don't want the people at your work."

Quentin's heart was heavy for a second. Does she not want to be together?

Seeing his face quickly fall, she quickly started to explain why. "It has nothing to do with not waiting people to know you are married to me. I just feel like it would be weird how you never had a girlfriend, or an engagement phase, or even a big wedding. You are such an important and public figure that I don't want any questions." Seeing that they have arrived, Penny continues, "You know what, why don't you come in and meet the cast."

Quentin smirk, "I was already planning on it."

He parked the car in a near by lot and got out with Penny. They walked together, actually hand in hand, to the stage door. To her left was a sign-in sheet, which she quickly signed and went deeper backstage. They passed the first member of the cast, Kristen. She was standing near a dressing room, on her phone.