Chapter 9

I am such an idiot. How did I not figure out by now? It’s so obvious that even a baby could’ve figured it out. I laughed to myself at my ignorance. Jack asked me, “What’s so funny?”

I laughed again. “Oh boy, I’m so stupid. Jack….you have a twin brother….named Finn. Who I bumped into at Starbucks. And had a very short chat with. Then, I texted you something weird about remembering who I am. And just now, I chewed out Finn for not remembering to bring me tea when he wasn’t even the person I talked to! And I thought something was wrong with you, when truly all this while, it was me! I am such an idiot.”

Jack and Finn looked at each other a bit confused. Then Jack realized what I just said. “Ohhh! I see what you’re saying. Hahaha, I’m sorry Andrea, I should’ve probably told you about Finny. You see, this might have caused a lot of confusion, like the different outfits. I’m really sorry about that.”

He looked at me apologetically, and I smiled.

“It’s cool. I just can’t believe I didn’t realize by now, it’s quite obvious that you have a twin brother, Jack. Now that I know there’s two of you, I need to try remembering which is which.”

I looked back at both of them. They’re both so hot...oh my god, I can’t believe that I’m here with two handsome british boys, this is, like, my dream, even when Julia and I were in middle school, it’s always, “Oh we need cute British boys to move here!” and….yeah. I should totally go rub it in her face now, she’d be so jealous.

While I stared at their beautiful faces trying to memorize who’s who, Jack turned around and set his tea on the table and gave me mine.

“Sorry it took a while, kettle wasn’t heating up.” He smiled, blushing, and I melted. These guys are adorable when they blush.

“No problem. Thanks!” I took a sip. It was pretty good; To be honest, I generally don’t like tea, I’m more of a coffee person, which is probably why my teeth aren’t the best. But this was amazing, I loved the texture and the aroma coming from the cup. I looked at Finn, who was being scolded quite a bit by Jack.

“C’mon man, first thing you do when you meet her is have eyesex?? Don’t do that!!” Finn blushed a little, smiling, almost laughing innocently.

“Wha- I didn’t, I didn’t do anything. Honest! I….don’t know what you’re talking about.”

I looked at Finn, and he gave me an, ‘I didn’t do anything!’ look. This was entertaining.

“Finn, I don’t…..I don’t agree with this.”

Jack turned around to take his tea, and I saw Finn look at me and make a playful worried face and then winked. I blushed and looked down at my dress. There’s something different about Finn….Finn has some charm with his eyes, I don’t know whether to call it a gift or a curse. it’s seductive, really, but it’s attractingly seductive. Cheeky. Very cheeky.

Jack quickly turned back and looked at Finn, who looked at Jack. Then they both looked at me. Then they looked at each other.