Chapter 11

Soon, I felt my stomach cave in a bit, feeling emptier than usual. I spun around in my chair a couple of times and hummed a few tunes, waiting for the twins. What’s taking them so long? I peered at the time again; 7:55. Ten minutes. Just to get keys and call Finn? Oh wait, the long walk from his dorm to mine. That’s right. I looked out my window.

It was getting pretty windy now, the trees were swaying tremendously and no one was outside. I hoped they were ok. I wanted to call them, but it might be annoying.

After a good amount of waiting, someone knocked on my door. I shuddered a little because I was resting my chin on my hand on a table for the last couple of minutes, so it was absolutely quiet and still and then, KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK…...so yeah. I opened the door to see Jack and Finn wearing thick fur hooded coats almost fully zipped up. I smiled big. They looked all wrapped up and cute. 

“Is it really that cold outside?” They looked at me with astonishment.

“Seriously, did you see the gale outside? It wouldn’t be smart to step out now without at least a fleece jacket or pullover, honestly.”

“Oh, I see. Wow.” They both smiled.

“Yeah,” Jack said, “The wind was like, WHOOSH!!” --he made a hand movement, almost covering my face-- “and nearly knocked us over. It nearly made Finny knock into a tree!” Finn flushed and told Jack to shut up. I laughed.

They both eyed me top to bottom, and I felt conscious.

“Um, you might wanna have second thoughts about your dress, you’ll catch a London cold. And believe me, those are not easy to get rid of.”

I looked at my dress, lacey and frail. I need to either wear a giant coat over this, or just change into jeans, the giant coat, and some boots.

The second one it is.

“Um, would you guys mind if I changed first? Sorry, I probably should’ve changed earlier.”

Jack muttered jokingly, “Yeah, you got that right, I’m starving,” and Finn lightly slugged him in the shoulder.

“owww.”

Finn looked over at me and smiled warmly.

“No problem, Andrea, we’ll wait.” I smiled. Finn was such a gentleman, I love that.

I noticed they were still standing at the doorway.

“Oh, my bad, please come in! Why are you guys still standing there?” They walked in and looked around at my dorm which was much more simple compared to Jack’s.

“Nice dorm, love. Simple, I like it.” I looked at Jack, who was looking over at my photo frames.

“Thanks. A bit plain though, I might add on later to it.”