Chapter 19

Previously:

Finn chuckled back and his fingers were entwined with mine. Suddenly, Jack stepped into the room. Then, he froze, and looked at us from head to toe.

"So are you guys....like.....you know....?"

Oh.  I looked up at Finn, who looked kinda nervous. Suddenly, he got up, his smile fading.

"Well, Jack.......I....gotta get ready for UNI now so....."

He got up and then slowly walked out of the room, and I sat there taken aback. I looked at Jack confused and felt offended.

"What just happened? I thought Finn would've asked me out, I thought that we....."

I felt myself crumble a bit at the thought that maybe Finn changed his mind. I knew it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finn's P.O.V.

I slowly began to walk out of the room in slight shock. What the fuck are you doing, Finnegan? That was the perfect timing! My mind said, making my heart ache. Why did I just leave? Andrea probably thinks I'm a heartless jerk right now, leaving her there. I should've just asked her out right then and there, it would've been perfect. We could've done everything together, I could take her anywhere, we could go for cute, romantic dinners, walks on the beach....ok, now I'm just sounding completely cheesy.

But my heart feels a lot for Anna, and I can't believe what I even did now. So why did I leave her?

I reached to open my dorm door, and walked inside, locking it and sitting on my bed. I peered at the alarm clock. 6:45. I should be in class at 7, but I don't feel like walking to class so soon. It would be better to walk with Andrea and Jack by my side.

Aw man, Jack's gonna crush me. He's gonna be freaking mad that I didn't ask her out. I can already hear him in my head.

What is fucking wrong with you, Finnegan?! It was PERFECT! How could you not ask her, and just leave?! Honestly, dude....

I felt a bit depressed right now. I thought about why I didn't ask her out. I looked outside at my window, seeing students leaving for class.

I left her because...I wasn't confident enough. I'm a coward. I kicked the floor hard, making a loud thumping noise. 

I also didn't ask her out because....

The door abruptly opened, and Jack came in, glaring at me. I knew it.

"What..did you just DO? Like seriously, Finnegan?! That was the worst move ever. You probably just crushed out all the feelings of Anna right now!"

I looked up. "Wait Jack, is Andrea ok?"

"How do you fucking think she feels? She was sure you'd ask her out, she loved you. Why didn't you just say yes when I asked you if you guys were dating?"

"Because I was under pressure, ok?! How do you think it feels being under that pressure of commiting to a serious relationship? You know, with UNI and a relationship, it's a tough job, and I don't want to take chances breaking her heart, alright?!" Pressure was forming in my chest, and I could feel my heart thumping from adrenaline rush.

"And....I was really frightened about all these things..." my  voice softened like Jack's eyes. "Anna seems so....fragile. I don't want anything emotional to hit her, especially when she's in UNI. It'll mess her up. That's everything that was running through my head when you came, so...that's why I left."