Chapter 24

A/N: Alright, so this chapter and the next few are essential. Pay attention as they will reveal MANY things and have many cliffhangers! Enjoy lovelies! :) x

"Hrmmmmph..."

I woke up that morning feeling pretty groggy and a bit sick. I looked around myself. The windows were shut, a Chinese takeout box sat on my sidetable, and a curled up little ball slept beside me. I smiled.

"Finny..."

I attempted to sit up but ended up falling back against the bed, as if a magnet was pulling me. I sighed and pulled out my phone to browse through the university website. The top was labeled with bold, blue "Oxford" written and its logo aside it. I scrolled down to see the Bonfire flyer. I clicked on it to find a bunch of small print text, which for some reason, I chose to read it.

SUNNY SANDS BONFIRE

Taking place in your local Sunny Sands Beach near Folkstone! This will take place from 5:30 PM to 11 PM. May extend to 12. All students from the following Universities are welcome to join us:

~Oxford

~Bristol

~Cambridge

~Leeds

All students are welcome to bring friends outside of the universities mentioned above. Seniors will be given the option to participate in the Oxford Senior Mini Parade. Feel free to bring swimwear. All students will be representing your university, so make sure to maintain appropriate behavior up to extents. There will be a school cheer taking place from 6-6:30, make sure you join! Represent your school and show pride!

I grinned. This sounds really fun. I decided I would text Jack and see what he's up to.

A: Hey Jack, whatchu up to?

I waited patiently, and soon heard a "ding" from my phone.

J: Hey Anna. Not much, I just woke up. Have you seen Finn by any chance? I, uh, wanted to, you know...apologize. 

I looked at Finn sleeping in a deep slumber. I frowned. Something told me that maybe telling Finn's current location to Jack isn't the best idea.

A: No, sorry, not sure where he is. Perhaps he had to go get something. I lied.

J: Oh, ok. I hope he forgives me.

I smiled.

A: Something tells me he will. :)

J: Thanks. Anyways, what's up?

A: Oh, you know, the usual weekend morning. Just lying here on my bed. Oh, by the way, I've been meaning to ask you. Our plan about going to the Bonfire. Are you still up for it?

There was a moment of silence, and Jack didn't respond. I felt anxiety swirl inside me. Maybe he's not interested anymore. But, my worries were settled down when I heard another notification sound.

J: Of course! Definitely ready for it. It'll be fun. Are you planning on calling Finn? OH WAIT....did you talk to him yet...?

I bit my fingernail. I should tell him.

A: Well, yeah, I talked to him. He came last night to my apartment to settle things because he knew that something wasn't right. Then, we made up and got ice cream. I skipped the part about the beer. Then, he fell asleep at my place. He's....here now. Sorry, I lied a bit. But that's all that happened.