Chapter 14

I started my way out of class, and waited for Jack and Finn outside near a large carved water fountain. They slowly came after everyone else left, stepping out with their bags and books.

  “There you are, I thought you left us for a second,” Jack said, taking a seat on the flat rim of the fountain. I sat down beside him, and Finn sat beside Jack.

        “Of course I would wait for you guys, why would I leave my only friends here?” I smiled, and they did too, looking a little sympathetic for me.

        “You know, I believe in a few weeks or month, there’s a bonfire taking place down in Sunny Sands Beach by Folkstone, you should go!” Finn suggested. “And we’d love to come along!”

I thought about it. I’ve heard vaguely about bonfires, but I knew that it is usually a super fun experience.

  “Tell me about it,” I asked as we got up to walk to a literature program in Oxford’s large library. Jack and Finn explained in detail as much as they knew.

  “Well, there’s a bonfire, obviously, and in this one, four universities in UK gather ‘round to celebrate the beginning of a grand college year,” Jack explained, “and so it’s a great opportunity to meet up with new people and possibly even some other mates.”

        I pondered on that. It would be nice to meet some new people and make new friends. Besides, I think all three of us would annoy each other if all we did was see each other. 

“Also, it’s very carefree. There’s lots of partying, dancing, and even a bit of  drinking. Even the professors loosen up a bit and have a drink or two.” I laughed at the thought of my teachers possibly getting high. 

“That sounds really fun,” I said. “I would love to go, let me get the exact dates so that we all know.” They nodded, and we continued walking, entering the building. As we came in, the library seemed to have a large hall with many seats as well, so we took a seat in a front row.

“By the way, Jack,” Finn said suspiciously, “what were you doing in the design discussion today, hm?"

“None of your business,” Jack muttered, opening up the novel being used for today’s program. Finn turned to look at me.

“I don’t suppose you want to tell me?” I shook my head. I don’t want to tell Finn about how I nearly kissed Jack. It’s like telling Jack himself what he did. Finn chuckled and took out his book as well, with a notepad and pen. I did the same.

Jack remained a bit quiet throughout the class this time, but I had no idea what Finn and I were approaching. Something unexpected.

        The novel were working on was called, “A Journal Of Life.” It was a cute and deep romance novel with many emotions and details, so it’s a worthy book to read. It’s story base was where a shy and innocent woman who has moved to a new area meets an outward, spontaneous man and even though they are polar opposites, they’re love for each other brings them together, even when they don’t show it. Sounds cliché, but it’s a unique story, trust me.

    We began reading another couple chapters today, and then analyzed the story. I was a part of the discussion, but what I didn’t expect was the start of an argument that wasn’t exactly an argument, but a message.

         “Do we have any volunteers willing to discuss any points they made in the story?” The main chair speaker announced through his megaphone. Yes, unfortunately, we are in the situation where a megaphone is needed to discuss in this library room.