Chapter 18

"We need to go" Hudson grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the store.

As we ran out I caught a look in the mirror. I was still wearing the black dress he wanted me to try on and my hair was put up in a complicated hairstyle. I had a full face of make-up and in the high heels I was wearing I was almost as tall as Hudson.

"Where?" I asked as we hurried downstairs.

Something was wrong but I couldn't tell what or why.

"What's happening?" I was surprised by my speed because I normally couldn't even walk in shoes like that.

"They found us" Hudson replied hectically.

I have never seen him so scared. He was covered in fear sweat and his blue suit jacket was ripped.

"Who found us? And what happened to your jacket?" Panic broke forth inside of me.

"It's them. Of course it's them! Ray and Agent 12!" He hissed absently.

Something was wrong, something was really wrong.

I turned to see if there were any familiar faces.

"Hudson, I thought you- you killed them" I whispered confused.

He went through his hair and smiled nervously at me.

"I did not. Ray and I- not important! I lied to you and I am sorry but we can talk about that later. Right now I need to get you out of here" he explained stressed.

He pulled me behind a small store and placed his each of his hands next to me on the wall. His eyes showed fear, worry and desperation.

"Do you trust me?" His voice was deeper than usual.

What is going on with him?

"Hudson, What-" he cut me off by crashing his lips to mine.

I expected a firework of feelings inside of me. I wanted him to kiss me.

But it felt wrong.

He was desperately pressing his lips against mine. No emotion- Nothing.

Three deafening shots chimed. Hudson let go of me and made a step backwards.

His eyes widen and his white shirt slowly turned red. A stifling sound was everything he could utter before he fell on his knees.

"No, no! Hudson!" I kneeled down and held him.

His eyes were turning white and he just wouldn't stop bleeding. My arms, legs -and even my hair- were covered in his dark, warm blood.

"Hudson" and "no" we're the only words I could creak.

Over and over again I repeated his name while he continued bleeding all over the ground.

"Dora" his voice sounded creepily clear and he placed his hand on my cheek.

"Dora, wake up!" He became louder but his voice didn't fit his appearance.

Blood everywhere and his eyes- his eyes got a milky tone.

"Dora, listen to me!" The body in my hands was dead but his voice was louder than before.

My panic expanded and I thought I was slowly loosing my mind.

"Pandora! Wake up!"

I opened my eyes to see Hudson's strong arms wrapped around my body. He was rocking back and forth and telling me to wake up.

My breath was fitful and I clung my hands to his wrists. His heartbeat was constant and helped me to calm myself down.

We sat there for a while. Me laying in his arms and him just rocking slowly back and forth. The only audible thing was our breathing.

"I'm here for you, okay? I am not leaving you alone. You're save with me. Pandora, you're my highest priority. I will not let you get hurt. Ever" he whispered in the darkness.

I just nodded weakly. Honestly, I doubted that I would have the strength to talk.

"I can stay with you till you fall back asleep again. Of course only if you want to" Hudson added as he put his chin on my head.