Chapter 37

Hudson's POV:

"Open the goddamn door or I will break it!" I hammered again Mr. Momsens door because he refused to open it the first two times I asked nicely.

He opened the door and gave me a bored look. This man was a wreck. He was pale, his clothes were covered in dry sweat and I bet he hasn't eaten anything for days.

"What do you want?" His voice sounded as if he screamed all night and had now almost completely lost his voice.

"Pandora. She's gone" I said with panic in my voice.

I had been running through the entire hotel searching for her but she left no trace. Even the CCTV couldn't give me any answers. Someone deleted the tape.

The worry was killing me. What if some of Kirans men came for her? She's so fragile and can't defend herself.

"I know" he walked to his bed and gave me a small piece of paper. It was the list of TV channels the TVs offered here but when I turned it around I found a letter.

Dear Tobias,
I don't know if you still want me to call you dad so I just wrote out your name. We both lost someone we love. I lost my mother and you lost your wife, your love. This is all my fault and I am so sorry for that. I just should have listened to you guys but I didn't. And even when I had the chance to kill Kiran i didn't. I was and still am weak. But this has to change- I have to change. I left so I could do that. Please don't try to find me. Dad, I really Hope you can forgive me some day. I love you and I miss her just as much as you do.
Love
Your Pina

My heart crunched when I read her words.

She blames herself for her mother's death and now she's gone. There is no trace and no hint that could lead me to her. She left me alone here and the worst part is that I am not mad. I am just confused.

What the hell should I do now with my life when she's not here with me?

"We need to find her" I said more to myself than to him. I knew that he wasn't going to be a big help to me.

I held the letter in his direction but he just waved it off and gestured me to keep it.

What is wrong with him? Doesn't he care about his daughter at all?!

"No, we don't. You heard her. She doesn't want us to search for her."

Lame excuses! Did his heart die with Mrs.Momsen when Kiran shot her?

I turned away and fought the urge to punch him. He was acting like an asshole but he was Pandora's father and I couldn't just punch him.

When I turned back to him I noticed two packed bags next to his bed. His entire room was cleaned up.

"What is that? Are you leaving?" I desperately tried to control my voice so I wouldn't burst at him.

"Yes. I am following Kaden's plan and going to NewOrleans" he explained as he put on hi jacked and picked up his bags.

He did not just say that! His daughter could be anywhere!

She could have been kidnapped again and they could have made her write the letter so we would think she ran away. But she had no reason to run away. Why would she do that and how the hell does she want to become strong?! By living on the streets?

"And hopefully, I will kill my wife's brother after I met up with a few friends" he continued as he headed towards the door.

"How do you do that? You lost the love of your life and you're just... I don't know" he stopped and turned to me with tired eyes.

"I did. And now I lost everything. Kiran has always been crazy and I should have killed him back when he raped that girl" he stared blankly on the ground.

"What?" I almost screamed it.

Pandora was alone with this psycho! Thank god nothing happened to her. A man who is capable of rape is capable of a lot of other things, too. Oh, god I don't know what I would do if something like that happened to her.

"She was the sister of Kaden's boyfriend, Pandora's father. Kiran had an illness since his childhood. It's something with his brain, I don't remember the name. He could have been a genius- well he is- but he went crazy. He was so convinced that she loved him and he raped her. She got pregnant and killed herself. Of course he blamed Kaden and now she's dead. You see, my point is that i have nothing left to lose. The two of us are on the same level now and as soon as I get the chance I will kill him."

"Take care, son" were his last words and then he closed the door leaving me alone in his room.