• hold me.

»»°•Chresanto•°««

       I walk inside her hospital room the next morning, with flowers and a card from Bahja and I. Bahja couldn't come since she had a wedding to attend to. And I sure as hell didn't wanna go to school early this Monday morning.

She slowly turned her head towards me and tried to smile. "Goodmorning."

"Morning." I spoke, setting the flowers and the card next to her. "How are you feeling?"

      "Are you seriously asking me that?" Zonnique questioned. "My chest fucking hurts, the side of my face where Malik slapped me with his fucking gun is killing me, I can barely move my body, and I woke up screaming earlier this morning and the nurses had to give me a shot to help me calm down. So, how do you think I'm feeling?"

"I don't know," I joked, shrugging. "That's why I asked you."

"Whatever, Chresanto." She laughed a little. "Where's Taylor? I wanna see her."

I instantly froze. The doctors didn't tell her, her daughter's dead?!  I sighed. "Taylor...Uh, Taylor didn't make it through the surgery."

"What?" She furrowed her eyebrows. "This has got to be a joke. Come on, Chresanto. Stop playing."

   "Only you were able to make it through the surgery, Nique." I spoke slowly. "Taylor's only 2, she wasn't strong enough. The fact that she got shot so close to her heart."

"No!" She screamed, tears pouring out of her eyes. "No, no, no. I was supposed to be the one that died!"

      She moved her arms and she winced. "Zonnique, just calm down. I know this is hard for you, just like it is for everyone else. But, please just calm down."

"You want me to calm down!" She screamed. "He fucking killed my daughter and she was innocent! She's only two!"

      She tried moving her arms again, moaning in pain. The nurses must've heard 'cause they quickly walk in the room and held onto her.

"Let go of me!" Zonnique yelled. "Let go-"

     They shoved the vaccine inside her arms. Once they pulled it out, she instantly calm down. Tears were still flowing out of her eyes.

"I'm sorry." She sniffed.

"No need to apologize." I spoke softly. "I totally understand what you're going through."

"You do?" She looked at me with watery eyes.

"Remember what I told you I had a daughter that died at three because she was sick?"

"Oh, yeah." She nodded.

    We both stayed quiet, with only the TV on. It was on CNN and the meteorologist was talking about how it should rain today. She quickly changed the channel, leaving it on Disney Channel. I laughed slightly.

"This is boring." She spoke quietly.

"I know." I chuckled. "But, you'll be outta here in no time." I stood up, shoving my phone inside my pocket.

"Where you going?" She questioned. "Please stay with me. I don't wanna be alone."

     "I'm just gonna go to McDonalds and buy you some real food. I know you don't want to eat that nasty ass hospital food." I told her.

"Thanks." She did a weak smile. "Just buy me two McChickens, medium fries, and a McCoffee."

I nodded before walking out of her hospital room.