• falling apart.

»»°•Zonnique•°««

| o n e y e a r l a t e r '

    Everything is falling apart. Chresanto and I are constantly arguing after moving in together. After I graduated high school, we thought it would be best if we moved in together. But, we thought wrong, you might say. We argue over everything and I'm real close to giving up.

   Bahja and I aren't talking. While she was on her 6th month pregnancy, we had a fight over Chresanto. She was jealous of us. So, basically she started cursing me out and then we started going down at each other's throat. I miss her, to be quite honest. I haven't seen or talked to her for four months.

She gave birth to a boy, Dustin Brown. I was supposed to be the Godmother. But, not anymore since we basically lost contact.

   "Why the fuck did you bought these, if you know you're not gonna eat 'em?" Chresanto snapped at me, referring to the carrots he found in the freezer. "You're wasting money on unnecessary shit."

I snatched the bag out of his hand. "I am gonna eat them. And I bought them with my money, sir." 

He rolled his eyes and walked out the kitchen with a bottle of water in his hand. I cannot tell you the last time I told Chresanto I love him.

I checked the time on my phone, it was 8:20 PM. I went up to our room so I can go study for an exam I had tomorrow. I go to Havard University.

   I saw Chresanto put on his jacket. I already know where he's going. There's a club near by and he constantly go there. Gone all night and come back home in the morning. I looked at him. Though I knew where he was going, I wanted to ask anyway.

"Where you're going?" I asked quietly.

"Out." He kneeled down so he can tie his shoes.

"Out, where?" I played with the pencil in my hand while looking at him.

"Just out, Zonnique." He sounded frustrated and annoyed.

    I bit my tongue to keep me from saying anything that'll lead us to an argument. He came over to my side and kissed my forehead. "I'll be back." He told me, before walking out the room.

I also cannot tell you the last time we had a real kiss. He was really breaking my heart, and it feels like we're drifting apart everyday.

   He's back to his old self. The guy he was when I first met him. The one I worked for. The one that didn't love me nor cared about me. That's what it feels like. I was slowly falling apart.

   I checked my phone when it vibrated. It was a message from Kevin. I never quit my job at KD's clothing store. It was a good job and good money. I didn't have time to look for another one because of school. Kevin never stopped trying to get back with me. His wife found out about our past and now she basically hate me.

Kevin "When are you coming back to work? I miss you."

Nique "When I feel like it."

He tried kissing me last week after I tell him several times to stop doing that when he knows I have a boyfriend.

Kevin "Look, Zo, I said I was sorry. What more do you want from me? I can't help that I'm still in love with you."

Nique "I don't want anything more from you, Kevin. And that's a problem you're gonna have to fix."

   I closed my phone afterwards. I tried focusing on my studying but I couldn't. My mind kept drifting off to Chresanto. I laid my head on the pillow and before I knew it, I drift off to sleep.