• my ex?

»»°•Zonnique•°««

    I walk in the store, pulling down my skirt a little. Today, there was a lot of customers. Once Elli saw me, she came up to me with a bright smile on her face—like always.

"Goodmorning, Ms. Pullins." She shook my hand. "It's nice to see you again."

"You too." I smiled back.

   I followed her to the back of the store. She knocked on the door and when we heard 'come in', she didn't even open the door. She just looked at me.

"He's in there to talk to you." She spoke. "I'll come in a few minutes."

  I nodded and she walked away. I slowly opened the door knob and walked in. He was facing his computer not even paying attention to me.

   "I'm here for the-" I cut my sentence short when he turned around. My jaws dropped. "Kevin?!" He was the damn owner of this store? How did I not know?! His name is Kevin Davis; that explains the store's name! I mentally let out a groan.

He smirked. "I'm hiring you, Pullins."

"But, why?" I furrowed my eyebrows. He laughed at my question. "You don't even like me."

"This is not about liking, Zonnique." He stood up. "This is about whether you want to do the job or not."

I sighed and nodded. "Okay, when do I start?"

"Today." He chuckled.

"What do I do?"

   "Just sit down while I tell you the rules." He pointed at the chair in front of his desk. I did as he said. I still couldn't believe I'm gonna be working for him. As much as I wanna walk away and never come back, I need this money.

Before he started talking, Elli walked in and sat on his lap. So unprofessional. I look away, rolling my eyes slightly.

   "Alright," Kevin spoke, making me look back at him. "The rules are just simple normal rules; Don't come late, no disrespecting me or any one for that matter, no food are allowed, just do your job as my assistant."

I nodded. "Anything else I need to know?"

"They're all right here." He gave me a paper. I scan the paper—it was just stuff on what he wants me to do.

  Him and his wife started making out, right in front of me. I look back down at the paper. Its just too weird knowing he got a wife. When we were together, he told me him and I would get married and he was positive.

I don't care now that I moved on to someone better.

I cleared my throat and they broke away. Kevin looked at me and smirked. Did he do that on purpose? I shook my head and rolled my eyes.

"Baby, give me a minute with Ms. Pullins," He turned to Elli. "I'll call you back when we're done."

Elli nodded and stood up. She smiled at me before walking out. I look back at Kevin, who was now frowning. He stood up and walked towards me.

"That attitude of yours is gonna get you fired."

   I stood up abruptly and threw the paper on the floor. "You don't need to, 'cause I didn't even start the job yet and I'm already thinking about quiting. I'm already tired of seeing your-"

All of a sudden, he pinned me against the wall. "Don't you dare finish the sentence." He growled in my ear.

I rolled my eyes for the millionth time. "Get the fuck away from me. Fuck this job. Fuck your money. Fuck you."