• yet, another party .

»»°•Zonnique•°««

    I woke up from my nap and Chres still wasn't home. He does that sometimes—where he decided to come home so late. I checked the time and it was 6 PM. I sighed and got off the bed. I didn't have class or work today.

   When I was done eating my sandwich, I sat in the living room and watched TV. Jacob texted, telling me him and Ray are coming over tomorrow. I was happy to have some company other than Chresanto.

Talking about him, he walked in the house and closed the door behind him. I decided to ignore him and just tried to focus on watching The Real. He came and stood in front of the TV, blocking me.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What are you doing? You see me watch-"

"I want you to listen to what I have to say."

"I don't care." I rolled my eyes. "I don't wanna talk to you."

"You don't have to talk, just listen to me please." He pleaded.

I stared at him for a while. Maybe what he have to say is important. I don't know. "Start talking."

"I'm sorry." He began. "I'm sorry for not-"

   "I wanna break up," I blurt out and he raised his eyebrows. I stood up and walked in the kitchen, he followed me. "Chresanto, this, is not working out. It's not the same as it used to be. I don't feel the love and connection we used to have. I need a break from you." 

"N-No, Zonnique, we can't b-break up." He shook his head.

   "And why not?" I furrowed my eyebrows. "It's obvious you don't want me anymore—you want Jasmine. So, whatever she's giving you that I'm not, you're free now and you can go to her whenever you want. I'm tired of this shit."

"Jasmine and I are not having sex, Nique." He chuckled. "I told you I've never cheated on you."

I ran my hand through my hair. "It's fucking hard for me to believe you when you constantly stay over at her place."

   He rubbed his face. "I don't know what happened last night. I was supposed to come home but Jasmine wouldn't let me and took my keys. She wouldn't give it back to me unless I eat the food she made—so, I did and then after that, I have no idea what the fuck happened."

"You ate dinner at her place?" I rolled my eyes. "Babe, I made you dinner yesterday and I ate alone. I wanted to fix whatever's wrong with us, but-"

"I wanna fix this relationship too," He sighed. "How about we start today? From now on, I'll-"

"No, Chres." I cut him off. "I'm done. You said that the first time, and you're still doing the same shit. I just want a good, long break. Please."

   He pulled me towards him, by my waist. His face saddened and I was starting to feel bad. C'mon, Zonnique, don't feel bad now. "I don't wanna let you go. I don't wanna loose you. I don't want us to break up. I love you too much, baby."

   "We're falling apart, why don't you see that?" I raised my voice a little. "I don't wanna let you go either, Chres. I don't wanna loose you and I fucking love you. But, we are not-"

"I'm not giving up on you, babe." His eyes welled up with tears.

    I look down and Chresanto lift up my chin. I broke the eye contact. "Don't make this harder than it already is." My voice was cracking. "We are not working out and you know it. It hurts, Chres. That you keep putting her before me. It feels like you care more about her than you care about me. It feels like you love her more." I felt a tear roll down my cheek.