• forgiveness.

»»°•Zonnique•°««

Two weeks later, back in Boston.

   "Stop, babe, I'm trynna sleep." I whined and roll over, my back facing him. I'm tired as fuck from going to the hospital with Bahja and then the mall with Ray and Lourdes.

"What the fuck am I supposed to do while you're sleeping?" He chuckled.

   "I don't know," I giggled as he slightly tickled my sides. "You can go downstairs and talk to my Mom ooorr there's a place called 'home' you can also go there; I heard it's very interesting."

He laughed. "Whatever. You gon' have to wake up right now anyways so you can get ready for your little family dinner shit."

   I groaned. I forgot about that. I rolled over, facing him now. He was scrolling down his twitter feed. "Can you come with me? I want you to be there to stop me from hurting their feelings by saying the wrong thing."

He turned to me and put his phone away. He furrowed his eye brows and asked softly, "Why would you do that?"

    "I don't know," I shrugged. "That's all I've been doing every time my mom has been trynna get my attention. I guess I want them to feel the way they made me felt."

"And does it make you feel good every time you do that?"

"Sometimes." I responded lowly and he just chuckled and shook his head. "Can you blame me?"

    I got up and grabbed my phone. I looked at myself in the mirror— I was simply wearing some black baggy sweats and a white shirt. I put on my black flip flops. I put my hair in a loose bun and turned to Chres.

"That's how you're going?" He questioned. "You're not even gonna put like a simple dress on?"

   I shook my head. "I don't even wanna go in the first place, I'm only going because of you so what I have on is fine. I'm not trynna impress no one." I sighed then mumbled, "Especially not them."

"C'mon, they're trying to make things better, can you at least cooperate?"

"I am by going to this dinner, what I have on have nothing to do with it." I shrugged.

"Okay." He leaned down and kissed me. "Let's go."

   We both walked downstairs to find my mom talking on the phone. She looked at us when she noticed us standing in the living room. I already informed her that Chresanto was coming by texting her.

   When my mom drove us to the destination, we all got down the car. We were supposed to meet dad here. I've never been to this restaurant before but it looks expensive as fuck.

   We spot my dad and walked towards him. He opened his arms so I can hug him—as much I didn't want to,  I awkwardly hugged him. Afterwards he hugged my mom and shook Chresanto's hand.

  We all sat down and I picked up the menu. I felt eyes staring me, causing me to look up. My parents were looking at me. I hope they not expecting to speak first. My phone vibrated in my back pocket. I grabbed it and check the message from Bahja.

Bahja "I told Destin."

   I chuckled. That's it? I expected her to give me more details since she knew I was gonna be curious as to what the fuck happened.

Nique "Okay, what happened?"

   After I sent that message, Chresanto took my phone out of my hand. I snapped my head towards him and gave him a questioning look.