Chapter 3

(Y/N)'s POV:

I wouldn't call myself a morning person, but in these times, you don't have the leisure to stay in bed and take it slow. Especially if you are a Ninja set out to protect a village, and it's people. You know, keeping the peace and all that. At least the current one. My previous lifestyle helped, it got me used to mornings and directly being ready for anything. So it wasn't a surprise for me when I woke up before Sakura. I mean I don't blame her... I kept her up pretty late last night. What better way to find out about the village and its people than to ask someone who has lived here all their life?

I waited till last second to wake up Sakura before we had to meet with the rest of the team. She freaked out a bit about how she didn't wake up on time and how we are going to be late... I just let her be and waited to leave. I'm glad she didn't blame me though hehe... Her parents were pretty friendly and helpful. They welcomed me last night directly even though I suddenly showed up. I wouldn't mind staying here another night, but I should get my life together in this village, I shouldn't live off people. I don't exactly remember who told me about my parents... But I do know they aren't around anymore. Well, both my parents and that person aren't around anymore. They taught me almost everything I know and then one day... Poof! Gone. Let's not get into depressing things now, on with the day we go!

All we were told about today, is that we have to meet in the third training ground and we are not to be late. According to Sakura, we shouldn't worry about being late, since Kakashi is practically always late. So if we were to meet at eight in the morning, we have till around eight thirty to still be safe and not be late. No matter how many times they tell Kakashi off, he always has excuses for his tardiness. Once we get there, to my luck, Kakashi and Sai were already there. No sign of Naruto though.

"Aren't you a bit late? Sakura? (Y/N)?" Kakashi starts off with that smirk. "Aren't you early Kakashi-Sensei?" Sakura defends us by bringing up his history of always being late. "It's your fault for always being late; it made your own students come after the meeting time," I speak under my breath, just to let him know of the facts! "Did you say something (Y/N)?" Oh shit. "Mm? Me? Nope! Didn't say a word!" I give an innocent look and look to the side. I know he heard me, he is just being nice and giving me a chance to correct myself.

After a few minutes of waiting, the loudmouth blondie shows up. No surprise there, he directly starts blabbing about how he overslept and didn't pay attention to the time and had to grab something to eat and blah blah blah. The rest of the conversation faded out, and I was not concentrating anymore on the words. The moment I saw Naruto, flashes of last night's discussion came to mind. "Naruto hasn't always had a happy, cheerful life." Sakura's words rang louder than the conversation.

Last night, after we got to Sakura's house and sorted out the sleeping area and we were just about ready to sleep. However, the thing that Sakura told me about Naruto kept bothering... How can someone not hate anyone? At least one person? It just didn't make sense. So I decided to get answers! "Hey, Sakura?" The lights were already off, and I was just staring at the ceiling while thinking. Sakura turned on her little lamp next to her bed and gave me her attention. "I know you told me to ask Naruto about him not hating, but I still find it weird. Can't you tell me about it? Or at least something about it, so that I can understand better. Help out the new kid?" I sit up with my legs crossed and am facing her now, waiting to see if she will give me some kind of answer. She looks at me with a severe expression; I can see how much she is contemplating whether she should tell me or not. In the end, she lets out a sigh and agrees to give me some information to help me somehow process.

"Ok, I won't tell you exactly what you want to know, and what I'm about to tell you might confuse you even more, but you asked me to tell you anything, so I will." I sit properly and get serious and ready to hear everything. She starts off from where I'm guessing is the beginning. "You asked how can Naruto not hate anyone, to tell you the truth, I can't answer that question cause I don't know myself. Only Naruto can have an answer to that. However, the Naruto you see today wasn't always like this, cheerful, full of smiles and positive about things. I've obviously known Naruto all my life, and it might be right for me to tell you this but Naruto... was actually hated by the entire village..." What... Naruto? Hated? That took me by shock... I couldn't help but ask why. "How can he be hated? Why?" My position was now more on edge. How can an entire village hate someone? And someone like Naruto?! Sakura sighs that carried some guilt in it. "The village saw him as a... Demon."