Chapter 25

Naruto's POV:

The training was not easy! That old frog was killing me!! And the food was... Oh my God, I miss Ramen!! Who eats bugs and that sort of stuff!! Eww!! It took a while for me the grasp the concept of the training, but I pushed myself to succeed. Grandpa Frog told me all sorts of stories about Jiraiya and his training period. Some things were hilarious, and they reminded me of the old man, and it pushed me to work even harder! Seeing his face when I come up to him with my Sage Mode, it would be priceless.

From time to time, I would think of (Y/N)... and how she used to encourage me. However, too many thoughts about her would get me down and make me lose focus. I tried really hard to get her out of my head, at least till nightfall and when I had to rest. Only during those times, I was able to freely think about her and not worry about slowing myself down. I still can't get over how things happened. To think, the moment I find someone I wanted to cherish, I lose them, and I couldn't do anything about it!

I wasn't the only one taking her death hard. I can safely say that Kakashi was taking it pretty bad as well. I mean all our friends were sad and mourning and all that sad stuff, but I think it was more on the average, friendly loss.

However, with Kakashi and me... I think if we had the time and choice, we would have locked ourselves in our houses and just ignored the world. Kakashi had already lost her once, so finding out he lost her again and that he could have prevented it if he arrived earlier... it hit him pretty hard. And losing (Y/N) reminded me of what Sasuke told me once when we first fought as he was leaving the village. It does feel different... losing her and somehow having lost my parents. I understand what he must have gone through now... the difference between those two loses.

After I don't know how many days, I was finally able to master Sage mode! A part of me wanted to stay longer to truly grasp the concept of the entire thing and get stronger with it, but time was not on my side. The village needed me, and I wasn't about to let them down or let them fight my battles on their own.

I didn't care about the fact that I was the Akatsuki's target, I was going to be there for my village, and I was going to fight! Even if I would go down fighting! As if I would sit back and watch everyone fight and die for my sake!! That's not how I do things! And I don't want to lose any more people I care about!

I leave two shadow clones in the land of the Toads, or Mount Myōboku, to generate Sage Chakra. I will not have time to sit still and generate Chakra while fighting Pain! I can't just tell him, 'hey, hold up! Let me charge up, and we will get back to fighting!' That's silly and crazy! And the Fox won't let Grandpa Frog sit on my shoulder to combine our powers, as he did with Jiraiya.

Once we are summoned back to Konoha, I barely recognized it... if it weren't for the HeadStones I would have thought it was just a random land! The entire village was flattened! Destroyed! The HeadStones were the only things that were intact! Seeing my village in that condition made my blood boil!

Once our confusion was cleared, HE showed up! "You saved me the time to look for you." Pain says as he walks out of the dust. Just looking at his expression, how he is not even bothering about wiping out an entire village! It's taking everything in me not to launch at him and just beat him to a pulp! Before he could say anything else, Tsunade shows up just between us! And her ANBU right after her. "I am the Fifth Hokage! I will not allow you to get away with destroying my village and hurting all my people! As Hokage! I will end this now!" Seeing Tsunade this out of breath and beat up... she is the strongest in our village! How could this have happened to her!? "You now understand just a little of the pain I went through. But unfortunately, I have no business with you!" Pain directly sends one of his goons at her, as if I'll allow him to touch her!