Chapter 4

(Y/N)'s POV:

Silence took over the room. Tsunade was shocked by my question, Kakashi was looking at me questioning how I even got that information, and Tsunade's assistant; which her name is Shizune, looked like she was about to panic, trying to find an answer. I, on the other hand, kept my gaze at Tsunade, waiting for some kind of response.

I already knew that the chances of me getting an answer weren't so high, to begin with, but a part of me was hoping to get them so I can put this topic behind me, and get rid of these feelings inside me.

Tsunade took a deep breath and finally spoke, "where did you hear that from?" My answer came directly, "so it's true? Why?" I guess not answering Tsunade wasn't the correct choice. No one in the room is willing to interrupt or cut into the conversation. "Where did you hear this from? I have the answers you want. So you should answer my questions first." Even though Tsunade was old, probably in her fifty's? Sometimes I get very childlike acts from her...

"I can't tell you from where I don't want to get the person in trouble. However, I can assure you they didn't say too much and kept the information to the minimum, which brings me here. Trying to get answers to clear some of my confusion." Before Tsunade can answer, my great and smart and very annoying Sensei, decides to cut in... "It's probably Sakura, she slept over at her house, so they could have gotten to talking and sharing." Tsunade lets out a sigh and takes a moment to think of her answer. I can't let Sakura take the blame for this, after all, I'm the one who pushed her to talk.

"I forced Sakura to tell me! It wasn't her fault! Plus, she didn't tell me anything major. She wouldn't even tell me anything about the demon calling and maltreatment! She told me if I wanted to know I should ask you." I stand right in front of her desk, making sure she understands that this is all on me. She lets out another sigh... how big is this Naruto issue...? "(Y/N). I understand that you want answers, and I don't blame Sakura for sharing some. Like you said she didn't share anything too important. However..." she's not going to tell me... I knew it... "I can't share important Village information with you just yet. Even though the person who recommended you is very close to me and a person I trust very much, I still don't have a solid image of the type of person you are."

"In other words, you still don't trust me." No need to beat around the bush. I prefer things to be said bluntly, saves time and effort. I step back from her desk and go back to standing next to Kakashi. "You've been here for only forty-eight hours... I've heard nothing but good things from Kakashi about you. If you continue like this, I'm sure you will be able to gain the Village's trust. Apart from that, the important thing is to gain your team's trust. If they trust you, it is their choice and judgment to decide to share more personal information about themselves with you. Do you understand?"

Again... passing the choice to someone else. Which means, for now, no one is willing to tell me anything. I guess it's understandable. I am an outsider after all haha... "Yes, Godaime!" I bow to her and put on my serious face. No point in acting friendly with people who are still being cautious with me. I can tell they didn't like my switch, but they let it go.

After the meeting with the Hokage, Kakashi took me to the apartment they decided on and explained everything they discussed. He guessed I wasn't paying attention, which was correct... for now, the Hokage will help me with the things I need; once I start going on missions and getting paid, I will need to start paying for my own expenses. Nothing I'm not used to, I've been living on my own for how long now? It's already been six years huh... time sure flies by! I was only nine years old when that person suddenly disappeared. Let's call them my guardian! That way it's easier to mention! But ya... I still find it very weird, how I don't remember anything before that. I mean I remember our training days, and somehow the days we spent together. However, I can't seem to put a time stamp on those days, like how long did they train me for? Or how long did they look after me? How did they know my parents? How did they find me? All those questions... I have no answers to. I just know I was with them one day and the next... I was alone. Honestly, thank God I still remember the stuff they taught me hahaha! Or I think I would have been dead by now. Oh well! I'm sure it will come to me one day!