Chapter 9

(Y/N)'s POV:

I didn't get a wink of sleep... thanks to my sudden random thought I got yesterday. How did my brain manage to come up with that?! Am I really thinking all this!? Am I falling for the blonde idiot?! No way!!

Seriously...?

I'm glad we don't have anything today. I want to stay in bed! Just thinking of how meeting up with him could confirm my feelings is actually scaring me. Let's not forget the fact that Sakura will also be there... I can't believe he likes her!! I stuff my face in the pillow and scream my irritation out.

I have to get these feelings under control or else I won't be able to work with anyone! Kakashi will definitely sense something, and the last thing I need is for him to find out! Oh my God! Sai would be even worse! He doesn't know what's ok to say out loud or not! What if he just blabs what he notices? That would be so embarrassing!! Another pillow scream coming up!

Before I could have another thought, the bell to my apartment rings, I take my time to get up, but it seems whoever it is, is in a hurry. They start banging on the door. "I'm coming; I'm coming!!" I open the door, and my heart stops, "(Y/N)!" Oh no! "Naruto!!" I slam the door shut! What did I just do...?

"Oi!! What are you doing? We need to go!" Huh? Go where? I open the door again to see the one person I was trying to avoid for the day... "good morning haha! Baa-Chan is calling for the entire team. Kakashi-Sensei, Sai, and Sakura are already there. Kakashi-Sensei sent me to get you." I twitch at the mention of the bubblegum haired girl. "O-Ok, I'll get ready and meet you there." I come to close the door, but he pushes through. "Come on! No time to waste. Go! I'll wait for you!" He pushes me in from my back and closes the door behind him.

My heart is about the burst! I knew seeing him would confirm these stupid feelings! I leave him and go change in the bathroom. The places his hands touched feel so hot... *sigh* Why now? Just when things were going great between us...

"(Y/N)! Naruto!!" Sakura calls out to us as we approach the building. Where are the others? "Good morning Sakura-Chan!" How did I not realize he likes her when he talks to her differently from time to time. They start having their own conversation while I observe. It is clear as day that Sakura doesn't like Naruto in that way, while he just keeps trying to invite her out on dates.

This is irritating me. "Where's Kakashi-Sensei and Sai?" I interrupt. "Oh, they went to see what Hokage-Sama needs. Kakashi-Sensei said we should-" Sakura tries to say, but I interrupt again, "I'll go see them." I start walking away. "Eh? (Y/N)! We can just wait here." I wave with my hand to the back saying it's fine and enter the building.

Before I could get very far into the building, I see Kakashi-Sensei and Sai walking in my direction. "(Y/N), what are you doing here?" Kakashi asks as I start walking with them towards the exit. "You guys were taking too long. I came to get you." And cause I couldn't stand another second of Naruto fawning over Sakura.

"Ok listen up guys!" Once we meet up with everyone, Kakashi starts to explain what Tsunade wanted. "The Hokage has asked us to scout the area to the north. There has been a lot of news of trouble happening over there. She wants us to check it out and send a report." Scouting? Trouble?

"Finally!! A real mission!!" Both Naruto and I shout at the same time. We look at each other out of surprise, and he gives me a closed eye grin! "We got it (Y/N)!" He says. I couldn't help but look away, feeling my face get hot. "Y-Ya! That's great. Let's get going!" I start to walk towards the Village gate. I hear Sakura ask Naruto "What's up with (Y/N) today?" Thankfully Naruto just answered with an 'I don't know.'

We get there, and we see Team 8 by the gate. Great! Just what I need! Another girl to worry about it! "G-Good morning N-Naruto-Kun, g-good luck on your mission!" Hinata stutters her sentence out with that girly smile of hers and her eyes... they might as well have hearts in them. "Thank Hinata! You-" I grab his wrist and pull him behind me, "come on Naruto! We have to go!" And walk away from everyone.  That's the only thing I say. I can't do anything about his own feelings towards Sakura, but hell if I'm letting that Hyūga princess get any closer to him! If anyone is going to get closer to Naruto, it's going to be me!!