Chapter 8

(Y/N)'s POV:

After the discussion with Tsunade, the four of us left her office and were now standing outside the Kage building. Kakashi stayed with Tsunade to discuss a few more things. I didn't really ask what they wanted to talk about, however... I can't say I wasn't curious. I now know how intriguing Naruto's eavesdropping idea was haha.

"(Y/N), I'm sorry about what you heard yesterday night, we were only concerned. Though I'm glad you're staying a part of our team." Sakura says while shaking my hand. "Thank you, Sakura. I look forward to working with you." I look towards Sai, "same to you Sai; it seems we will have more adventures together!" Of course, Sai gives me his usual smile; which he needs to work on haha, " I sense another troublemaker has joined this team." Well... that's true haha.

"So what do we do now?" I ask. I don't know what to do to pass the time around here yet. "I don't know about you guys, but I'm meeting up with Ino. So I'll see you guys later!" Sakura is out of the plan. "I have some work to do, and I feel a headache coming my way if I stay with you two alone." Sai is out! He is as honest as ever.

"Do you... have plans Naruto?" I really hope he doesn't. Now that it's just us, I was hoping I could repay him for what he has done for me. "Nope. But if you do it's all cool. I'll just go have lunch." Perfect! "I don't! Uh, since you're hungry, how about we go to Ichiraku and get some extra large bowls? My treat!" There is no way Naruto will say no to that! It's the perfect way to thank him. "Eh?! Seriously (Y/N)? Yes! Sure! Let's go! But what's the occasion?" We start walking towards our lunch. "Oh well, I just wanted to-"

"Yo Naruto! I see you're back!" Augh! How is this DogBreath always showing up at the important times! And this time he has a whole group with him... "Kiba! Ya, we got here this morning. It was such an easy mission! Right (Y/N)?" Oh, I'm included in this conversation. "Ah, ya. Easy peasy." That was lame (Y/N)...

"Haha right. Well, how about you come with us. We are going for some BBQ. We can celebrate your survival on your first mission with Crazy here." He did not just call me crazy. "What did you just call me DogBreath?" The group with him was shocked by my openness with my insult to him, since I'm new and all. They don't know me.

"I called you crazy. I think it fits you perfectly haha." I would love to wipe that smile off his face. "Whether it fits or not is not important. What's important is the fact that you don't get to call me that." We are now standing head to head. Why am I always arguing with this idiot! His sizeable white dog standing next to him doesn't make me comfortable to go all out on him.

"Ok enough. Are we going to eat or not?" This is a new person. He has his black hair tied up... even though the ponytail looks spiky... Mmmm cool hairstyle. His mood doesn't seem good though? "Yo Shikamaru! Haven't seen you in ages! Where have you been?" Naruto seems to be very close to this Shikamaru guy.

"I've been here and there. Now, are you coming or not? This is starting to be a drag." Drag? You guys stopped for like five minutes... "ah, sorry guys. But I'm going to eat with (Y/N)." Eh?! He actually turned them down? "Then just get (Y/N)? I'm sure she won't mind some yummy BBQ!" A fat guy with spirals on his cheeks answered. "I-I don't know." I'm guessing Naruto isn't used to saying no haha.

"N-Naruto-Kun, it will be fun. And (Y-Y/N)-Chan can m-meet everyone?" Of course, the princess wants Naruto to join. She can't even face me. Man up and just confess to him if you're so in love! Damn. She annoys me! "What do you think (Y/N)? Do you want to join everyone or prefer to just stick to our plan?" I guess I'll repay him later. Hell if I'm letting this little princess have Naruto to herself! "Sure Naruto. We can go for some BBQ with them. I promised you Ramen, so it's really up to you haha." Hah! This way, she stopped him from having his favorite food. "Aaaah! You guys owe me! I was going to have some great Ramen! And (Y/N) was paying!"