Chapter 28

(Y/N)'s POV:

A few days after the major fight with Pain, the people of Konoha started to work around the area where our village used to be. The rebuilding of the village needs to start so that people can get their homes back and get their business back to work! I have to say; the villagers are working really fast... every day I walk around and see more buildings up, and the process is just impressive!

The Ninjas who fought or were involved in the battle were allowed to take those few days as a break to rest and refill their energy and Chakra. Especially Naruto, he needed it the most out of most of us. He wasn't pleased about it at first, but I managed to talk him into it, well I kind of scolded him, and that did the trick.

Unfortunately, Tsunade was hurt the most... she used all her healing power to help and save the people around the village during the fight, that right now she is completely drained, and she entered a coma... no one really knows what to do to help. She was the best at these things, and she can't really give us advice when she is in a deep sleep. Shizumi is staying by her side and making sure her condition doesn't get worse, but we just don't know when she could wake up.

As if that wasn't bad enough, there is talk about her losing her Hokage position. The village needs an active Hokage, and right now Tsunade isn't really active... the talk is about appointing a sixth Hokage, and a lot of people aren't happy about it! They are treating Tsunade as if she is dead and we need a replacement!!

The problem is, this issue is not in our hands... the council and higher-ups that take care of the village and make the decisions about it, and they don't care about the opinions of some kids that could be biased in their decision because they are close to Tsunade.

When I was walking around, I heard rumors from people talking. They are saying that there is a possibility that Danzō might be chosen to be the Sixth Hokage. The second I heard that name I froze in place! That's the name of the guy that manipulated Itachi... and the fact that they are actually thinking of appointing that man as Hokage proves to me that no one has any idea of what he actually did all these years ago!

He's the reason I lost my entire family! My home! The reason Itachi had to go through all this pain, even Sasuke. I wanted to do something about it, but right now might not be the best time, and I don't actually have a plan on how to do it... I'm thinking of telling Naruto about the truth, maybe that way he will help me find a way to expose the truth and not only get Danzō put away for his actual crimes but also get Itachi and Sasuke back into the village and be accepted!

That problem will need to be put on hold for now, though. Now that Naruto is feeling a lot better; I swear this fast healing thing he has going on is a blessing! He has been meaning to go to the tent that all the patients from the hospital are being held; he wants to visit Jiraiya and make sure he is ok after all this. He wants me to come with him, for emotional support, I guess. Once we check on Jiraiya and make sure he is ok, maybe then I will sit Naruto down and tell him the truth behind the Uchiha Massacre.

"Don't worry Naruto; I'm sure he is fine. All the other patients didn't face any issues and just continued with their treatments." I try to console him as we walk up to the tent. "I know... but with Baa-Chan now in a coma and Pervy-Sage was in one as well, I just want some kind of good news to come out from all this destruction." He takes in a deep breath, and I hold his hand as we enter the tent. The doctors decided to put Jiraiya in his own private tent, not just cause he is a Sennin, but also cause his condition is the worst out of everyone at the moment.

Once we are inside, we see Jiraiya as he was before Pain attacked the village, still sleeping in his bed with all the cables and machines attached to him. The nurse informed us that he is stable but still no sign of him waking up... it brought Naruto down, but he didn't lose hope yet.