Chapter 17

(Y/N)'s POV:

After Naruto came back to his senses, he was completely drained out of energy. Once he checked that I was fine, he passed out. "I think you guys should get Kazekage-Sama home, and make sure he is alright. I'll stay with Naruto if that's ok." I tell Kakashi and rest, Gaara looked worried at Naruto, but he seems fine.

Since he passed out while hugging me, the best I could do to fix his sleeping position is to let him sleep on my lap. So from what I could tell being this close to him, not only that my heart is going to burst, he is ok. His breathing is calm and steady, and his face looks at peace. I'm glad... he looked furious and hurt when he was fighting Deidara... he scared me a bit.

"I'm not sure if it's a good idea to leave you two alone... what if Deidara comes back? And with back up? Maybe I should stay too..." Sakura says worriedly. I get her worry, but I doubt Deidara is going to come back, he got hurt while fighting Naruto. He was taken back by Naruto's strength. "Sakura is right. I can stay here; we don't need to rush back." Even though Gaara says that it's obvious it's better for him to go back.

"We can't do that Kazekage-Sama, your health is our top priority. I got word that Team Gai is coming our way, with their speed, they should get here soon. So I think it will be ok if (Y/N) stays with Naruto till they arrive and when he does wake up, you guys can join us back in Suna." Kakashi informs us of the plan and they get ready to move. "(Y/N), I know this might sound wrong to you, but if anything happens... protect Naruto. We can't let the enemy get him..." this is not something that needs to be said. Especially for me! "I will protect him with my life Kakashi-Sensei! Even if you didn't tell me, that has always been my plan." There was a moment of silence, but Kakashi gave me a smile and they were off.

After everyone was gone, the silence around us took over. The only thing that could be heard was the wind that would blow from time to time. It was the perfect way to cool down after everything that happened, the bright green grass that we are sitting on; well... I'm sitting, Naruto is sleeping, but you get the point. The trees that are surrounding us in full bloom giving out such lovely multicolored view. From pink leaves to green ones, it was very clear that spring has arrived. If we weren't in the middle of a mission, kind of, I would come here just to sit and calm down. Just like I'm doing now, of course, I wouldn't mind Naruto being there as well haha.

Speaking of blondie. He really is in deep slumber haha. I look down at his face, watching him breathe in and out peacefully. I have always noticed Naruto's hair, it's the first thing that stands out about him, other than his blue eyes of course. However, this bright yellow is not very common. Although now, in the bright sun, as it is shining down at us. It is making his yellow hair shine just as bright. I wonder if it's soft...

I lift one hand off the grass and slowly touch his hair. Oh... my... God!! This is so soft!! I couldn't help but run my fingers through his hair! What shampoo does he use?! All the girls will be jealous! I continue playing with his hair, not noticing how emerged I am in its touch and Naruto's handsomeness. To the extent, my thoughts that have been overflowing my mind started to slip out, in a whisper. As if worried that someone will be able to hear me and I would be caught.

"You're driving me crazy Uzumaki... I don't even know what to do anymore. At first, you were this annoying loud idiot that I was stuck with. Now... you are occupying my mind all day! You're annoying in a different way now haha. I want to tell you so badly, but I'm scared. You are the closest to me... if I lose you just cause I shared my feelings with you... I don't think I'll be able to deal with that. I'd rather keep it all bottled up and stay close to you, then lose you but feel that weight lifted." I move my hand from his hair to his cheek. I caress his cheek gently, "I like you Naruto... what would it take for you to look at me?" My hand goes back to playing with his hair. I look at his lips, tempted to steal them. He is in deep sleep, he shouldn't feel or notice anything! It will be my own secret... I feel my body leaning closer and closer.