Chapter 11.

Kaylee was correct because, that was the most awkward doctor's appointment of her life. Embry didn't say much at all, he only responded when the nurses asked him something directly. Kaylee was anxious to leave and get out of the situation, but she would have to ride back with Embry in the truck. It was a lose-lose situation.

When the doctor finally said they could leave, she was so relieved. She stood up quickly, stretching her tired body. Apparently, she stood up too fast, because she began to feel woozy, causing her to fall forward. Embry reached out and caught her like it was nothing, and he helped her stand steady on her feet.

"Are you okay?" He asked quietly, and Kaylee nodded, not saying anything. Her head was pounding.

"I need to go home." She admitted, because she already felt sick to her stomach. Embry placed his hand on the small of her back and led her down the hall to the elevator.

The car ride home was awkward, but Kaylee enjoyed the peace. She was scared to open her mouth due to the fear that she would throw up any second. "LeeLee, I'm sorry I jumped down your throat like that. I had no right to do that. You have enough going on." Embry said as he drove down the road.

"Em, it's okay. I'm glad that you told me, you don't need to keep that bottled up." She told him. She meant that, but in a way, she wished that he didn't tell her. Kaylee knew that they would be awkward around each other until he imprinted. She felt bad for friend zoning him for so long.

"It sucks though. I always thought that I would be the guy that would make you happy. Now you're happy without me, and I'm just left in the dust." He sighed.

"But obviously it wasn't meant to be, or you would've imprinted on me. The girl of your dreams is still out there. It might take some time, but you'll find her." She tried to console him. He just shrugged his shoulders.

"Jacob is going to be so pissed at me." Embry said. Kaylee furrowed her brows.

"Well, I don't have to tell him if you're nervous about it." She told him, but deep inside, she felt weird keeping something like that from Jacob.

"Don't keep secrets from him. And besides, he'll find out anyway. Did he not tell you about the links between our minds?" Kaylee shook her head. A link? He's never mentioned that before.

"So, there's really no secrets between the pack?" Embry shook his head.

"It's actually really annoying. Not being able to keep anything from anyone else. I've been struggling to keep this hidden from him, but luckily, I haven't slipped so far. I guess it's time he knows." Not being able to keep anything hidden from the pack seemed like a burden. She sighed inwardly, knowing that there was still so much she needed to know about the pack.

Embry pulled up to Emily's house and put the truck in park, but he didn't bother turning it off. "You go ahead and go. I've got some stuff to take care of." He told Kaylee, and she nodded.

"Thank you for going with me today, Em." Kaylee was sincerely thankful. Even if he had to make everything weird and awkward, she was still happy he went with her. His face softened, and he reached over and gently touched her hand.

"You're welcome." Once she got out of the truck and shut the door, he sped off. She forced her tired body into Emily's cute house, feeling emotional and physical drained.

"Hi Kaylee, how did the appointment go?" She asked, sitting a big plate of cookies down in front of her. She kindly pushed them to the other side of the table, not wanting them that close to her.

"It was okay. Emily, did you know that Embry liked me?" She asked quietly, and Emily looked at her guiltily. "Emily! You knew?" She held up her hands.