Chapter 15.

Victoria had long, flowing, red hair and her eyes were crimson, practically the color of blood. She watched Kaylee carefully, moving closer, resembling a predator stalking their prey. "Victoria! Leave her alone!" Edward snarled, but the redhead just chuckled in response.

"Her blood. It smells wrong. It smells like there's .. a poison." Victoria said, sneering her nose. Kaylee was shocked. Her blood smelled wrong? Maybe it was the chemo that had been pumped through her veins. She didn't know they could smell it, and Edward had never said anything. Maybe he was just too polite to tell her that she smelled bad.

Seth was snarling loudly. Kaylee then noticed that there was an extremely beautiful man standing behind Victoria. He looked young, probably a few years older than her, if even that. He was gorgeous, it was undeniable. She knew that he had to have been handsome even as a human.

"Riley, take care of that." She said, gesturing towards Seth. Seth jumped at Riley, and Kaylee flinched at the sound of the impact. It sounded like concrete slabs slamming into each other. Edward appeared at her side, holding Bella tightly. Riley screamed loudly, and Kaylee gasped when she realized that Seth had ripped his arm off of his body.

Edward moved away from Bella and Kaylee, and she instinctively moved closer to Kaylee. Bella looked so scared. Kaylee reached out and grabbed her hand with her own, squeezing it tightly. It was a momentary truce.

Victoria and Edward were moving back and forth, neither wanting to make the first move. Kaylee was terrified that if she looked away something would happen, but she had to check on Seth. He was still growling, and Riley was looking very menacing even with one arm.

Kaylee felt herself becoming light headed and woozy, and she knew that it had to do with the stress. Her legs began to wobble, and they gave out from under her. Her head hit the ground with a thump, and that was the last thing that she remembered.

When Kaylee woke up to a cold hand on her face, she flinched away. "Kaylee, it's okay. It's over." The voice was familiar, and when she finally cracked open her eyes, she saw Edward's topaz ones staring back at her.

"Over? But Victoria .. and Riley." She gasped, sitting up and looking around quickly. Seth was standing near an open flame, looking very smug. "You killed them?" She asked Edward, and he nodded.

"We took care of them. And everything is okay down in the field." He said, but then Seth howled loudly. Edward grabbed his head, looking pained. "No wait! There's another one. Leah, don't be stupid! NO!" He roared, and Bella and Kaylee exchanged similar glances.

"Seth go!" Edward shouted, and the sandy wolf began sprinting down the mountain.

"Edward, what's going on? Is Leah okay?" Kaylee asked, the panic evident in her voice. He looked at Kaylee like he had just remembered that she was there. Her heart began to ache, and she collapsed to her knees, grasping at her chest, grabbing onto nothing. Her mind and her heart were racing at a painful speed, and she couldn't breathe.

"Jacob! It's Jacob, isn't it?" She sobbed. The connection between the two was so strong, she knew that's what it had to be. He was hurting. She was hurting.

"We need to go." Edward said, slinging her onto his back and carrying Bella in his arms. He sprinted down the mountain and Kaylee gasped. She had never moved so quickly in her life.

As soon as the three made it to the clearing, she jumped out of Edward's arms and sprinted towards the crowd of the Quilette wolves. "Jacob! Baby!" She choked out, collapsing down beside his body on the ground. He had phased back, so he was laying there naked. Kaylee didn't have time to be embarrassed, she was too worried.