Chapter 14.

In this chapter there will be a time skip. It will take place the day before the fight with Victoria and Riley.

"Bella asked him to sit out?" Kaylee asked incredulously, and Jacob sighed. He was rubbing his hands over his eyes, and she pulled them away gently, cradling them in her own.

"Yes. And, of course, he agreed." Kaylee watched him carefully. If she would have asked him to sit out, would he? She wasn't sure if she was even brave enough to ask him that. Everyone needed him to be there, but she needed him safe by her side. "He's staying in a tent on the mountain tonight with her. I'll be there, too."

Kaylee's jaw dropped. "You're going to stay there with them? What if I wanted you to stay with me?" She asked, crossing her arms.

"Baby girl, you know that I want to be with you, but.." She cut him off.

"But nothing. If you're going to stay there, then I'm staying there with you tonight." Kaylee stood up and stomped up the stairs to her room. He might have thought that she was joking about coming with them, but she was serious. She was not about to be left behind. She grabbed a small duffle bag from her closet and began filling it with clothes.

Jacob walked into her room and saw her stuffing the duffle bag with all kinds of tights, gloves, hats, sweaters, and socks. She knew that it would be cold on that mountain, and she wanted to be prepared. She threw the bag onto the bed along with a sleeping bag and a pillow. He didn't say anything, he sat down on the edge of the bed.

"I know that you don't want me there tonight because you know it's not safe, but I have to be with you. Please." Kaylee begged. He sighed.

"I can never tell you no."

She squealed and hugged him, knocking him flat on his back. She straddled his hips and he looked up at her with lust filled eyes. Her hands trailed down to his shirtless chest. Kaylee smirked down at him and gently tilted his head back, trailing kisses from his jaw bone down to his pecs. Shudders racked his body, and she felt his hips buck up against hers.

He grabbed her hips tightly, too tightly, but she didn't say anything. She was too into the moment. She could feel how excited he was, and she loved having that effect on him. Kaylee ground her hips against his and his hips bucked up harshly in response.

"Kaylee, God." He rasped, pulling her face down to his so he could kiss her. One hand remained on her face while the other traveled down to cup her ass. He squeezed it and playfully swatted it, and Kaylee squealed.

"Kaylee? Are you upstairs?" Her mom yelled up the stairs, and she jumped away from Jacob. She quickly fixed her hair and grabbed her textbook, trying to look studious. Jacob sat up and propped himself up on the opposite side of the bed. "There you are sweetie, I wasn't sure where you went. I wasn't sure if you were going to be here for dinner or not, I wanted to make sure before I started cooking."

"I'm going to go stay with Jacob tonight, if that's okay." She nodded and said it was fine before turning around and going back down the stairs.

"You drive me insane." He told his imprint, giving her another lusty look, making her laugh in response.

"I love it." She said, crawling back over to him and making him lay down again. She nipped and licked at his chest and delicious stomach muscles. The erection in his pants was beginning to make a very visible tent, and she slowly rubbed her hand up and down his clothed length.

"Kaylee," his voice had a warning tone to it, "if you keep doing this, I'm not going to be able to stop." She pouted, not wanting to stop, but not ready to have sex. He pulled her close to him and held her tight, kissing all over her face.

xXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX

The mountain was even colder than Kaylee could have ever imagined. It was starting to snow, and the wind was blowing so fiercely she could feel it even though she was in the tent. Bella was bundled up in a large winter coat and was sitting up beside Edward. Kaylee, however, was wrapped up in quite a few layers, laying in her sleeping bag with extra blankets thrown over it.

Neither Jacob nor Edward were wearing any extra layers, but neither of them need it. "Jacob?" Kaylee called out, her voice quiet and shaky. He immediately crawled over to her and laid down next to her. He was lying next to the sleeping bag, but she could feel the heat radiating off of his deliciously warm body.

Kaylee felt bad for Bella in a way. Edward was so cold that he wouldn't be able to hold her to keep her warm. She dozed off for a while, and when she woke up, Jacob was curled up next to Bella. She was shaking extremely hard from the cold, and her face was buried in Jacob's face.

This bitch.

She really wanted Kaylee to kick her ass. She saw Edward look at her, and he had a pained look on his face. He wasn't happy with it either, but he wanted Bella to be warm. Kaylee grimaced in response.

She turned over and closed her eyes, trying to block everything out. She heard Edward and Jacob whispering, but she didn't care. Instead, she took deep, calming breaths until she was finally calm enough to fall asleep. Kaylee slept through most of the night, but she woke up a few times because Jacob kept cuddling close to her. Bella was sleeping alone her bag, shivering slightly, and Edward sat there watching her. Jacob was snoring in Kaylee's ear.

The morning came quickly, and Kaylee sadly watched Jacob wake up and stretch. She really didn't want him to fight. Bella woke up and crawled straight over to Edward, wrapping her arms around his cold, stone body.

He left so quickly to fight, she wasn't ready for him to leave. Seth remained outside of their tent, connecting the pack's mind to Edward's. "Baby, I love you. Be careful." Kaylee sniffed, rubbing her hand against his cheek.

"I love you. I'm always careful, I have to be, I have you to come back to." She hugged him tightly, inhaling his scent and memorizing the feel of his warm body against her own. A tear slid down her cheek as she watched him jog down the mountain and phase into his wolf form.

"Kaylee, he'll be okay." Edward's beautiful voice chimed behind her, and she sniffed again.

"I have such a bad feeling about this." Bella was looking at her sympathetically, but she ignored it. There was a tugging deep in Kaylee's chest, and it made her uneasy.

She decided to go sit back in the tent and wrap up with her blankets. After a while, the loud sound of the wind had died down, and she became comfortable enough to fall back asleep. After sleeping for around thirty minutes, she heard a noise outside of the tent and rose to investigate.

When she walked out of the tent, she was surprised to see Seth with his hackles raised and teeth bared. Edward was in a protective stance in front of Bella, and he turned around quickly and spotted Kaylee. "Come here, Kaylee! It's not safe!" He hissed out between his teeth.

Kaylee's head was whipping back and forth, trying to figure out what was going on. And then she saw her. An incredibly beautiful red headed woman.

No, not a woman.

A vampire.

Kaylee took a step back, not knowing what to do. She was frozen in fear, and Edward hissed out the woman's name.

"Victoria."